Thursday, September 10, 2009

surgery update 3

Hi again.

Bella is sleeping soundly on Trav's chest, so I got another chance to post. It kinda seems crazy to me to get on the computer in the midst of all this drama, but I know so many - so many - of you have prayed, pleaded with God today on our behalf. So I only feel 'tis proper to update you.

We have been transferred to a bigger hospital nearby that has 24 hour-ER/OR running. Bella's bleeding has subsided, after extreme measures were taken to stop the clotting/blood flow. She is now fully drugged up and at rest, but they still wanted to transfer us, just in case the bleeding began again. If it happens again, they may have to do more surgery, but at this point in time, it's looking positive for us. They told us that out of the thousands of palate surgeries our dr. has done, this is the 3rd time this has occurred (excessive bleeding). Go figure - if the chances are rare, it'll happen to us. :-)

We both feel exhausted - emotionally and physically. But, I also feel as though my parental instincts are in full throttle and I don't feel the peace of mind to fall asleep. I know she's hooked up to a billion monitors and such, but I still feel somewhat wary. Anxious to get home and sleep in our own beds.

Well, that's all for now. Hopefully will get discharged sometime tomorrow if everything holds up fine. Thanks again for your prayers and sweet, encouraging words.

10 comments:

Liv said...

jenny- I am so heart broken over what you have had to go through the last day!!! I wish I could kiss and cuddle her with you! I am sorry it has been like this!!! We are praying over here and on tenderhooks waiting for her to get better!
love you
Liv

Jeannett said...

oh honey! hang in there! so sorry it didn't go as smoothly as we all hoped. God is good. He's the same God when you woke up this morning as He is now...

Joanie said...

Dear Jenny and Travis, what can I say? I am keeping you all in prayer, and I hope you will soon get to rest. That transfer must have been a bit of torture. SO sorry. Sweet Bella, you just rest and let our Great Physician touch you so that you're up and running on your cute little legs soon.

Katie Lady said...

Just had a sweet moment of prayer for the three of you. It is reassuring to know that so many are "carrying you to Jesus" on our knees right now. We will praise Him together when we hear of His goodness through this struggle.

Mama Mote said...

Thanks, Jenny. I know it's difficult for you right now and am thankful you have the few moments of energy to send us the updates. Will continue to pray and look for updates as you or Noonie get them out. Love you.

Kali said...

What a day - praise the Lord that part is behind you! I was away from the computer yesterday, but thinking and praying for you guys nonetheless. Hope the night was peaceful and uneventful and that you get a great report this morning.

Kristen Borland said...

Thank the Lord she is stable. God bless all of you!

Priscilla Rynning said...

we are encouraged, Jenny and Travis and will continue praying for Bella's COMPLETE healing and you both to rest and trust!

Shelly said...

Jenny - You are doing a great job. You hang in there and although i don't know you that well i will be praying consistently for you and Travis during this time.
God will carry you through, hard as it is, He will carry you...
Lots of love and prayers.
Shelly

THE WHITTINGTONS said...

I'm so sorry Jenny. That's incredibly traumatic. Love to you all.

data:newerpagetitle data:olderpagetitle data:homepageUrl
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...