Tuesday, September 15, 2009

thrift shop steals

I took advantage of Trav being home with the babe (more on her later!), and made a special visit to the thrift store - alone. Ahhh, the joys of being able to browse with no rush. And today was my lucky day! I found so many treasures... I couldn't wait to rush home and relay to Trav all the deals I found. And even though he was semi-interested, I thought I'd share with you all, those in whom I might find more of a kindred spirit for deals!

Books!
Francine Rivers' series on women from the Bible: $10 (5 books)
Two James Harriet books (love these!): 25 cents each!
A 1917 edition of "Little Men": $1.50
Dishware: $2
Headboard
twin-sized for Bella (eventually): $15

I grabbed a couple other treasures too. All in all, I came away with great deals! Gotta love it! Oh, and I wanted to show you a fun project I worked on this last weekend. I have WAAAAAY too many ribbons - all previously shoved in a shoe box in a drawer. Found this idea on some random blog... wrapping them around clothespins and displaying them in a glass case. Cool and cute! I just need a bigger glass vase...

That's all for now. Bella's crying upstairs. Ugh. The last couple days have been wearying and relentless... prayer is always appreciated!

9 comments:

Tim and Melissa McBee said...

I love that headboard. Great find. We're certainly still praying for you all!

Shannon said...

super dooper cute stuff Jen! I love a good bargain myself! There's just something satisfying about paying next to nothing for things that some people pay full price for in little botique stores :) Especially that headboard....could easily see that in an expensive downtown shop. Glad you got to enjoy some alone time as well. :)

Joanie said...

Those are great finds! I may have to try that ribbon trick myself. Very handy! Hope your days get brighter.

Emily said...

I join you with the ribbons...way too many to organize, but that is a super cute idea! I might have to copy you on that one...

Carrie Haughey said...

Great finds!

Love those Francine Rivers books! I have read them all!

Love the headboard! Are you going to paint it other colors or leave it as is?

Kate said...

Jen! Way to go! Everything is adorable... i love your thrift store. I especially like those dishes...ooooh i would love to serve something in those! Cute headbord too... and for $15. wow! how fun. only sad this is that i wish i could have been shopping with you. love you j.

Joy Howse said...

Some really cute finds!! never been much of a thrift store shopper but looks like i need to give them a second chance. I think it is because I always have the kids and they make me SO flustered when I shop. You, Trav, and Bella continue to be in my prayers.

Joy. said...

NICE work girl!

Kristen Borland said...

yay for thrift stores!! i LOVE the dishes and headboard. good job!

data:newerpagetitle data:olderpagetitle data:homepageUrl
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...