Bella is doing well. Recovery hasn't been too bad... the meds are keeping her comfortable and we are trying to give it to her only as needed, so the weaning won't be too bad later on. Feeding has been not so pleasant, as she is still wary of anything going near her mouth. We are feeding her only liquids this week, through this device:
It's a syringe with a skinny, silicone tube connected at the end to go in her mouth. It's working pretty well and we're becoming more and more creative with what foods we can puree to give her. I know she's anxious to get back to "people food" as she gets pretty jealous when she sees us eating.
She's been super cuddly since her surgery. Always wanting to be in either Daddy's or my arms. We don't mind at all, as she's usually so busy and moving all the time. For now, she's content to be held, loved, and kissed quite often.
Trav has been home this weekend, and even took off the next 3 days from work to help with Bella. From the way things are going with her, I feel like I could be fine with him being at work during the day, but I'm not going to complain with him home! Gives us plenty of time to connect (which there is never enough of!) and spend time as a family. I'm really treasuring watching Bella and he connect as father and daughter. It's precious.
I've started working on Bella's "big-girl" quilt. I want to make her one to put on her bed when she finally moves into a big-girl bed. I don't expect that to happen soon, but knowing how long sewing projects take me, I thought I should start now. Here's where I got my idea. I love it.




5 comments:
She is such a little darling. I love seeing her curious little eyes searching all over. I can't wait to see her. I want to see her so bad. I have been thinking about you all so much lately. Everyday my heart feels heavy for what Bella is going through and what you and Trav are going through as parents. You are in my prayers! Love you and miss you guys.
Tommy
You and Trav are doing great and are great parents. I loved it, too, when my girls wanted to cuddle. Danielle wasn't much of a cuddler and to this day, really doesn't hug, but we force her and she's more willing now. Too funny. Will continue to keep you in prayer and for Bella's healing as she gets back to her old self. Love and hugs.
Good to see Bella is healing; in no time she will be eating everything and experimenting with new things! I looked at the quilt and my eyes bugged out!! Yes, my dear, you are very wise to start NOW on it! I'm sure you have seen Kate's and know how long she has been working on it!
Enjoy every moment of cuddle time. I am lucky if I can sneak in a quick second here and there with my little man on the go all the time. Glad to hear she is on the mend and feeling much better. It will be great to have some much needed family time. Hope you have a blessed week and thanks again for the update. :)
So good to see her in mommy and daddy's arms...where are here nasty little arm bands? Did she get cleared to not have to wear them? That would be GREAT news. Will keep you in our hearts and minds....
Post a Comment