Tuesday, November 10, 2009

romance

Most of you probably don't know our love story. And while I can't go into great detail here and now, I will tell you this much: It was love at first sight for him, and then he artfully and delicately caused me to fall for him through his words. Yep, ladies (& gents!)... he wrote me letters. You see, we dated long distance and since I still was an avid "no cell phone" gal, he would write and write and write me. I think I probably averaged 3 or 4 letters/week in my mail box. Once a week (on Thursday nights), he would call my dorm room and we could talk then, but other than that, for one year, he allowed me to fall in love with him through his words. It was a delightfully pleasant whirlwind to be caught in.

And while those days are long since past and we both have slacked somewhat on our intentional "pursuing" of each other since being married, he still surprises me every now and then with his romantic side and does something like this:
All day long, I have found tiny little notes left around the house. The first one was in the freezer, the second in Bella's lunchbox, the third in my wallet, and the fourth near the bathtub. (The bath one was for Bella and me, since it's her bathtub.) :-) Each one surprised me and I might have even teared up at them... maybe.
*sigh* I just love thoughtful gestures like this. See? This is why I married the guy...

10 comments:

Kristen Borland said...

precious!! mike leaves me notes every once in awhile, and i love it!!!

and when do we get to hear your story??

Joanie said...

Good for the heart, good for the soul.

Janet said...

wow Jennie, what a blessing,
hang on to these notes to cheer you in the future, you have a special husband, and I know he has a special wife too.
love you

Kate said...

oh.my.goodness. so so sweet. how romantic.... i wish i could get some too! (well not from him of course, but from my travis) :)

Carrie Haughey said...

So sweet! Kyle used to write me the sweetest emails when we were first dating... every so often he does something else to surprise me!

Travis has gorgeous handwriting! I am jealous! and very impressed!

Tim and Melissa McBee said...

Jenny!! Travis!! Wow - how sweet! Thanks for sharing your special story. Prayers for you all while he's away.

Nancy Jeffrey said...

Oh Jenny what a precious gift to hold on to while Travis is gone. It's the little things like this that God uses to let you know you are truly loved. Keep those thoughts on your heart daily. I love you too. Nana

Joy Howse said...

I tear up when I get my anniversary card each year because it is the only time I see the words, 'I love you' in print. Though he says it all the time, and means it, there is something about seeing it written down. (though sometimes you really have to squint your eyes to read it since my DH's writting is nowhere near as neat as yours) :)

Emily said...

I forbade Justin from leaving me notes. You're stronger than me. He did that the first time, and I fell to pieces each time. We'll be praying for you guys....

donnasue said...

Thanks for sharing Jen. Wasn't it just about this time of year when it all began? love you.

data:newerpagetitle data:olderpagetitle data:homepageUrl
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...