Wednesday, January 6, 2010

remind me why i live here again???

In the matter of 12 simple (or not so simple) hours, we went from this gorgeous, 82* F weather to.....
(fun in the sun with chalk & juice)
.... this frigid, dull 1* F weather. Boo hoo. And when we landed at our airport, the pilot declared it to be below zero.
How's that for a culture shock???

(not weather you want to have a picnic in...)
My skin is dry and cracking; Trav and I both have to lather lotion on each other's backs at night, else we can't fall asleep. I'm constantly thirsty and both Trav and Bella have developed a nasty cough.
Welcome back to the reality of winter.
But... at least we're all under the same roof for some time.
Trav took today off of work so I could have a day to myself.
Bella won't let Daddy leave her sight.
I'm content.
Just wishing I was warmer...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hold on....let me find a violin to play for you.

MAN UP Jenny

Kate said...

ok first, patrick always has the funniest comments on your blog. he sure has a way with words.
second, i too am glad that you get to be under the same roof as your hubby (not to mention under the same sheets! :)) sorry its so cold, i'll wear an extra scarf and jacket to sympathise with you. not. :) love u.

jenny said...

1. Shut up, Pat.
2. Kate, don't encourage him. He gave me a concussion in college, remember??

Melissa said...

Glad you're back safe and sound! You might try a humidifier ($13.99 at Walgreens, I think?) for the dry skin and cough issue. It helps a lot in the frigid midwest. Good luck!

Emily Takes Photos said...

Sending warm hugs your way!

data:newerpagetitle data:olderpagetitle data:homepageUrl
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...