Poor Bella is sick. She woke up yesterday with a nasty cough and it persisted ALL.DAY.LONG. She was also running a low-grade fever, so we just took it easy by remaining at home most of the day. Last night, I swathed her in garlic, Vick's rub, and gave her a dose of ibuprofen. She slept alright, coughing every now and then.
But this morning, she woke up with a fever of 103 and just looked (and sounded!) awful. Poor baby. The *only* good thing about her sickness is that all she wants to do is cuddle in my arms. I love holding her against my chest, scratching her back and smoothing her hair. Helps me cling to these last baby moments of her...
Trav's at church and Bella's snug in bed, warm and dozing... hopefully healing. I'm enjoying some quiet moments, loving this book I picked up at the library yesterday. I love libraries. They are so full of *free* treasures - it's amazing that I tend to forget about how resourceful they are! I get to keep this book for a month and it's full of small, sweet knitting projects. Let's see how many I can accomplish!





No comments:
Post a Comment