Thursday, June 10, 2010

four years


I love this picture of us, Trav.  In the mountains, both exhausted and gross-looking (well, me, at least) from parenting a crabby girl and traveling.  But, we're in it together.  I have your strong arms to hold me, you have my love and support in all you do.

We're learning what it means to be true friends: good friends, fun friends, deep friends.  To one another.  It takes a lot of work, and it might not come naturally all the time, but it's been worth it.  Has it really only been four years?  Golly gee, a mighty lot has happened in those four short years...

Thanks for letting me go this weekend.  Thanks for knowing that anniversary's aren't just one single day, but a recognition and celebration of our life together.  I can't wait to be with you when I get home.  Thanks for being a wonderful, trustworthy Daddy.  Thanks for loving me.

Yesterday, when you came home from work, while Bella and I waited for you outside... I looked at you getting out of the car, and I was struck with awe that YOU are my husband.  That I had the privilege of marrying you.  I looked at you and saw the Travis that I knew in high school and an immense gratefulness swept over me...

... we, who were just friends, merely acquaintances, would become husband and wife.  And bear children together.  What a profound mystery!

I love you.  Happy 4 years.

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Aww happy anniversary! You guys are an amazing couple and an encouragement to others!

Kate said...

happy anniversary you two!! i love you both so much, and am thinking of you today. :)

Kali said...

Happy Anniversary dear friends! I felt the same way this year - has it ONLY been 4 years? God can sure do a lot of beautiful work in a small amount of time. Hope you get to do something wonderfully romantic together when you get back home!

Cassie said...

Great post! I also really like that you very subtly edited out your mom jeans in the second picture. :)

data:newerpagetitle data:olderpagetitle data:homepageUrl
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...