Arrived home L.A.T.E. last night after 12 hours of traveling (ridiculous weather issues...) from spending a fantastic weekend with these lovely ladies:
These women were my joy in college, my roommates, my sisters. We've fought, disagreed, differed on theology and the economy - but, we love one another deeply. No one can make me laugh like these girls, feel accepted and known like these girls, and no one makes my northern accent quite so pronounced as these girls. "Don't yoo knoh??"
I missed my husband and little girl like crazy, though. Seeing her this morning made my heart so full. And her vocabulary has seemed to expand exponentially these last four days while I was gone! Is that possible?? The first thing she said to me this morning after Trav went and retrieved her from her room and brought her to snuggle with us?? "Mama! Hi! Daddy has boobies!" And she proudly showed me under the covers. Yes... she's a joy. :-)
For today, we're both content to hang at the house while tidying up a few chores:
- laundry
- unpacking
- mopping
- etc.
I feel tired, exhausted, fatigued, easily dizzified (a classic word for being dizzy), ready for a nap at all hours of the morn. My tummy feels as if it's growing bigger by the day and I remember all too clearly the heavy feeling of being 41 weeks preggo. But, tomorrow is my 12-week appointment, and I'm thrilled I'll be able to hear the heartbeat.






5 comments:
so glad you had a great trip! will you find out tomorrow if you're having twins?
Cute belly!
Twins! Yeah! LOL
lol! bella makes me laugh. :)
Ha! Ellie is fascinated with Tim's "boobies"...It may be a little embarrassing for him at the pool this summer!
Your belly is adorable! Enjoy hearing your baby tomorrow! :-)
Post a Comment