Tuesday, June 15, 2010

let down

For all my "I-live-vicariously-through-other's-pregnancies" blog/real life friends who were ecstatic with hope that I was carrying twins... this will be a let down:

One heartbeat
+
Measuring right on time
=
ONE BABY

PHEW!


My sister is dumbfounded that I'm not in the least bit disappointed... but alas, all I felt was gratefulness to God at this appointment.  And.... please don't take this in any way to be demeaning or condescending to the idea/reality of twins.  I married a twin, for Heaven's sake.  I know twins are miracles and precious little babies.  It's just the fact that in this stage of my life - with my husband gone plenty, far FAR from family, and a strong-willed child - two infants sounds like almost too much for my feeble brain.  So, thank you God.

That's it for the big news of the week... I need to take a nap and rest my head.  This whole pregnancy has felt like one big all-nighter and migraine headache.  I can't seem to shake the sleepiness and pains that persist in my neck and frontal lobe.  I don't remember this with Bella... but it sure is affecting my patience and joyful attitude.  Prayers are always welcome.

And a quick snap of my girl, doing what she does best: being weird.  As hard-headed as she is, she makes me laugh - and that says a lot, considering my last paragraph.

8 comments:

Shannon said...

Oh dear, your title made me so NERVOUS!! I've been checking and checking for updates! I'm so glad your appointment went well Jen and that your singular bun is right on track. :)

Emily Takes Photos said...

Me too! You had me freaked out there for a second. Glad to hear everything is progressing well and that you're not so overwhelmed. Love the video of Bella, as always!

joy said...

I am glad you heard the heartbeat! That's so exciting!

Katie&Greg said...

You don't know me and I don't know you but your daughter is absolutely adorable! :) I was cracking up at that video!

Congrats on the one pregnancy. I wanted twins so badly with my first and now with my ONE little girl I think I was crazy!

I hope you feel better soon. Hopefully that burst of energy you get with the 2nd trimester comes quickly!!

Ames said...

So I know we didn't know each other well in college, but I do love following your blog and find Bella hilarious - our Bekah was born 10.25.08 - I think they'd be great friends if they were together! So funny!

LBeck said...

seriously stinkin hilarious.. the spinning with her eyes closed I was CRACKING up! (side note: I was pushing Allie on the tire swing this weekend and she was loving to spin to make herself dizzy... but the bad mom I am got her tummy sick.. oops) Bella is getting so much hair! love the curls. and I totally started tearing up when she was talking about Allie. Allie is gonna love this when she sees it. AND She is getting so much better with her words.. She says the L in allie. :) miss you. AND agreed I am happy for you and the 1 baby... 2 would be a little CRAZY a blessing but CRAZY.

Michelle said...

Oh Bella just cracks me up! She is so cute and hilarious! I just love this age :)

Caryl said...

I like how she dances with her monkey. Super cute =)

data:newerpagetitle data:olderpagetitle data:homepageUrl
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...