DAY 5: A PHOTO OF YOU
This is one of the few photos from our honeymoon that we still have. Shortly after we returned from our honeymoon, we moved. Then, three weeks later, we moved again. And thereafter, our computer crashed/burned/died, taking with it all our never-backed-up-files, including honeymoon pictures. Sad.
I remember quite vividly taking this photo. I was waiting for my husband to come out of the freezing ocean. You see, honeymoon wasn't going so smoothly. Lots of reasons why... but mainly, we just couldn't connect. That, and I had never slept [or not slept] with a man who snored before. That, and we were stuck on a remote, uninhabited island with rocky, shark-infested beaches; wind that whipped the sand in your face; and no place to eat except a pizza parlor. Something I would die for now, of course. But, back then, I just had a plain ol' bad attitude. I had a lot to learn about marriage and life and loving others and... well, I still do.
And well, I chose this photo because it makes me laugh a little, remembering the Jenny of back then. That, and I simply have very few single photos of just me. Happy weekend!





3 comments:
Bummer about the honeymoon! But God had a plan for you and your a very inspiring positive person now. If I do say so. Definitely helps me to know someone else out there is a few steps ahead of me in marriage, mommy-hood and life in general. Definitely an inspiration. :)
I immediately thought, "Wow, that's Bella in a couple of decades!" :)
Thanks Ana! Encouraging words...
And Katie - really? :-) I'm glad to think that someone thinks Bella looks like me... everyone always says Travis!
Post a Comment