Friday, November 12, 2010

Totally love-hate

I'm a knitting fiend right now.  I'm on my third hat in four days.  But, this is totally me.  Knitting and I... well, we are almost constantly on a love-hate relationship basis.  I either love it and can't let the needles leave my fingers, or I hate it and never want to see another skein of yarn within twenty feet of me.

Here's Bella's hat:

She TOTALLY loves it (which makes me feel like a hero) and couldn't wait to plop it on her head as soon as I finished.  You can't see that well, but I knit double-stranded: the variegated red along with some sparkly red yarn, so it shimmers.  Always a plus in any little girl's book.


Her favorite part?  The little "tail" at the top, so she can pull it off.  She also loves that Baby sister has a matching one.


I simply can't wait to see both my girls in red hats, giving me a piece of sunshine in this already-dreary winter...

DAY 4: A PHOTO FROM THE LAST PLACE YOU WENT ON A HOLIDAY
I don't know who says, "holiday" anymore in lieu of "vacation".... but ya.  My mom is trying to convince me to name Baby's middle name "Holiday", since she's due around Christmas.  No thanks, Ma.  She thinks it's darling, which to that, I have to say, Then why didn't you name any of us that??

Without further ado:

Bella and Mama atop some rock in the Rocky Mountain National Forest.  How I LOVE this place.  You probably remember that we "holidayed" here during our birthday weekend.  What a blast.  I'm in dreadful need of a holiday right about now.  With Thanksgiving, Trav's two extended trips scheduled, Christmas and our second-born due all within the next six weeks... I'm kinda having frequent melt-downs.  Can I re-take this holiday???

5 comments:

Joy. said...

I don't know, Jen. . . I'm kinda liking Holiday!

Emily said...

I love her hat....its so happy :) And all of us military wives could certainly have a few more holidays to keep us going....

sharbear said...

You'd say "holiday" if you were in Europe. :)

Mama Mote said...

The hat is so cute on Bella. Can't wait to see both girls with their matching hats. Maybe you should make one for her dolly, too. I'll be sure to keep you in prayer as you get through these next few weeks. hugs

Amanda B. said...

You're welcome to "holiday" at our place anythime!
And people usually ask why my name isn't Mary (or maybe they mean Merry) since I was born on Christmas. Don't torture your child in such a way! ;)

data:newerpagetitle data:olderpagetitle data:homepageUrl
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...