Monday, November 29, 2010

titleless

I went to get doughnuts this morning.  For the fam.  Before Trav left for work.  Something about being 36-weeks pregnant, and already surpassing the 30 lb. weight gain marker, and not caring anymore......

I'm sort of a doughnut snob.  HATE any doughnuts from the gas station.  Krispy Kreme are my fa-zav-or-ites! but they are also a good 10-15 minute drive from my home and a bit pricey.  I opted for the closest option, thus equaling less time in my freezing car.  It's a dark, ol' dingy place, and the doughnut selection isn't always the best, buuuuttt... the lady there is super nice and it's reasonable.

"HIIIIII!!  Happy MONDAY!!!!" the Asian lady squealed, as I walked through her door.  "OH A BABY!!!  HOW MANY MORE WEEKS???"  She was now jumping up and down and clapping her hands.  Every time I come to this place, I silently wonder if she is on some sort of happy-drug.  But then, I mentally reprimand myself and try and think the best... that maybe she's just really this happy, all the time.

We chatted for a bit, during which I watched her, amused, for most of the time.  I decided to get a dozen doughnuts, just so I could keep some in my freezer to save for later snacks.  I'm smart like that.


I ended up with 15 doughnuts, 2 cinnamon rolls, and 6 doughnut holes ... all which she considered "a dozen". And all for $5.  And this is how it is EVERY TIME WE GO.  Sure, the icing is spread a bit thin, and the doughnuts might taste a tad stale... but really?  $5 for that?  And a slice of happy on the side??  I'll take it.
***

To continue on with my Photo-a-Day exercise... today is DAY 13: A PHOTO OF YOUR BEST FRIEND[S].

I have a lot of great friends.  I could say my husband.  Or my sisters.  Or my mom.  I could pick a best friend from every place I've lived... but my college buddies take the cake.  Maybe it's because I stink at keeping in touch, and with these ladies... well, we actually have kept in touch.  Maybe it's because they seem more like sisters to me than "friends."  I don't know.... I just love them and love our memories.  Without further ado, my pals from the Northern land:

6 comments:

Michelle said...

What a deal on the donuts! Making me crave donuts now!!!! :)

Kim said...

You'll have to let me in on where this secret donut place is! The kids have discovered donuts and talk and talk about the TWO times we've been in their entire lives. I guess it wouldn't hurt to indulge them a bit more often and I can't argue with $5!

KC said...

Just wanted to comment about the donuts. DONUTS ARE MY FAVORITE FOOD EVER!! And I have a donut place about 15 minutes away that I manage to avoid most of the time so I'm not 450 pounds, but I swear it is run by THAT SAME LADY! :) Sweet little asian lady who is happier than legally possible. The donuts are amazing, not stale though :)

Thanks for your blog. I LOVE your blog. I read it RELIGIOUSLY and you always make me smile, give me something to think about or encourage me. Bella is ADORABLE and I love hearing about her antics and seeing the videos you post. My son is 12 and way past the cute stage and I never had a girl, so I really enjoy seeing your little one grow up. What an amazing wife and mother you are, your family is truly blessed to have you as their matriarch!!!

God bless you and your adorable family :)

Kristen

Jon and Noonie Fugler said...

OK, WHO ate all those donuts???? Did you freeze them? They should last for the rest of the year. Oh yeah, those frozen glazed donuts. A favorite in the Midwest. Enjoy!

Erika said...

I ate donuts yesterday too!! And now you're tempting me to buy a dozen....hmm....starting to not really care about the whole weight gain either :) We're SOOOO close! Oh, and you made me feel much better to know that you were late with Bella (not that it was enjoyable for you by any means!) because I seriously have SO much on my plate until my due date and I really really need him to be late :) I'm not planning on a early baby so you gave me hope that I won't go early! Have fun eating your donuts!!

Emily said...

Great minds think alike....our power went out this morning, and the girls and I made a doughnut run. I, too, prefer Krispy Kreme above anything (maybe its because I'm from Georgia), but we only have Dunkin Donuts here. Not that that stopped me from indulging.

data:newerpagetitle data:olderpagetitle data:homepageUrl
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...