Wednesday, December 1, 2010

"out of the mouths of babes..."


Bella's been rather clumsy & destructive lately.  I try not to let it bother me.  Usually, I can handle the messes and broken things... after all, I never spend too much on things around the house and I remember myself being rather clumsy and destructive when I was younger.  I remember feeling like I never knew how I could be so clumsy!  It just seemed to happen without trying too hard.  Therefore, I feel the need to be understanding to my own children.

But, then, there are times when I lose my temper.  Or feel like I want to tear my hair out.  Like last night, Bella spilled a cup full of milk.  Have I mentioned before that our eating area is carpeted??  Ugh... Then, she dropped some tomatoes and avocados.  On the carpet.  Then, this morning, she demolished her play area.  And then, today in the car, she ripped the window screen thing (you know, the black blind thing that blocks the sun?) totally apart, and held it, in two pieces, saying, "Look Mama!  It broked!"  Grrrrr..... I was frustrated.

"Bella..." I said slowly and deliberately, trying not to yell.  "Sometimes you can frustrate Mama SO MUCH.  Why do you have to break things??  I am very angry!"

"Ya," she said quietly.  I knew she could tell that I was upset, but I was proud of myself for not yelling.  A few moments later, I heard this sweet voice from the back seat:
"Mama, the Bible says to not disobey and to be happy and no angry."

Uhhhh.... why yes it does.  That's right.  I don't know how exactly you know that, but yes, it does.

Thank you, Lord, for these small [big] reminders to live out Your Word.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Aww that's so sweet. Children always know just how to put things into perspective. Bella is such a doll.

data:newerpagetitle data:olderpagetitle data:homepageUrl
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...