(Photo credit: Jim Jeffrey)
Mimi, Summer, Bella and I visited the city public library this afternoon. I love libraries. So does Mimi. And Bella's quickly following suit. I won't digress further, but ... really, I love libraries.
While enjoying the children's section, Bella found a friend. A little girl, around five years of age. They sat at the table together, dissecting puzzles, chit-chatting back and forth. As I searched for familiar titles, I kept my eye on my girl, quietly listening to her conversation. A sweet conversation that showed me the beauty of the confidence of a two-year old.
Girl: What's your name?
Bella: My name is Bella June!
Girl: Well, how old are you?
Bella: I two on my birfday cake!
Girl: What?
Bella: I two on my birfday cake.
Girl: What are you saying?
Bella: I just two.
Girl: Oh. Well, what happened right there? (pointing to Bella's scar on her lip)
Bella: *quietly staring at the girl, looking confused*
Girl: I said, what happened right there??
Bella: *still confused* You have an owie??
Girl: No! You do! What happened right there? And why do you talk so weird??
Bella: I just talk! Nuffing happened. I just Beautiful Bella. I just Bella.
Girl: Oh.
Bella: Ya.
Yes, my sweet girl. You are simply Beautiful Bella. You are simply you... and I love you.





21 comments:
oh my, that is the sweetest. She knows she is beautiful!
That made my year! You and Travis have accomplished showing your daughter she is beautiful and loved. Way to go Bella! You are just Bella. Love it!
What a lovely girl you have! Go Bella!
She is beautiful Bella. May she always remember that! Good job mom and dad!
*sniff* my beautiful bella. love her.
Love.this. I have tears in my eyes. So, so precious. And that Bella is one smart girl!!!
Wow Jenny...what a special little girl she is. Don't even know what else to say besides that but WOW! Such a fitting and perfect response and she's only 2. You must be so proud of your little girl.
You done good, Jenny & Trav. Sweet, sweet, sweet! Way to go, Bella June!
I love this!! What a beautiful response. He I was going to text you today and yell you that I really want to hang out soon!!! Let me know when your family is gone!
Bella, you are awesome. And so is your mama.
where is the "like" button on here?
Oh Jenny I love your sweet Bella. What a treasure! We have prayed for her confidence in the woman God created her to be. Glad to see it's already taken root!
wow, how precious Jenny for Bella to simply know how beautiful she is! What a cute story! Thanks for sharing!
Way to go J for showing self-restraint. I would of walked up to the little girl and said, "Hey, stop pointing at my kids face you little bugger. She's two...that's why she talks that way" or something mean that made me feel bigger and better than a 5 yr old! haha.
Love it! She is just that, beautiful Bella! What a precious girl she is! (I've followed your blog for a while now, but I'm a first time commenter. Love your blog, you crack me up!)
Love it, Love it, LOVE IT! Just read it to Colin who is here on break.
Good for you, Bella! You certainly are beautiful!!
Wow...You're doing such a great job with her! What a precious girl!
What a wonderful mommy moment! Praise the Lord! Blessings on Sweet Beautiful Princess Bella!
Love that story!
I've been meaning to tell you this earlier - but didn't want it to come across as rude/mean/insensitive - so here it is for what it's worth...When you first posted photos of Summer, I found myself for a second wondering why she looked so different and, almost, what was "wrong" with her. Then I suddenly realized that I was so used to seeing beautiful Bella that I never even notice her lip anymore. She's just Bella. So when Bella's sister looked so different it took me a second to realize why.
So I KNOW that's how all Bella's friends will see her as she grows up - just beautiful Bella.
Post a Comment