Sunday, April 10, 2011

give away


I made this this afternoon out of some scrap fabric. 
It was fast and fun.

I made it for my fair-skinned daughter.
I forgot that those types of people need to be careful in the sun.
(Well, technically, we ALL need to be careful in the sun...
blah, blah, blah...)
Because we were outside for about an hour the other day,
enjoying the sun.
And while Bella and I came inside, unscathed...
Poor Summer's head and cheeks have remained a bright pink.  

Whoops.

But, I made it a size too small.
I made the 0-3 month size, 
partly because she is small
and
partly because I just can't believe she's nearly 4 months.

Either way, the pattern was correct
and it's just too small.


But instead of wasting it...
... I'll give it away!

Anyone have a little, tiny girl needing some shade for the summer??
It really will fit just 0-3 months.  
Perfect for a sweet newborn.

Any takers??

Leave a comment and I'll pick a "winner" by Tuesday night.

Now I need to go make a bigger size - shucks!

11 comments:

Dacia said...

so cute!! but i think i'm in the same boat over here! can't believe kate's already 3 months!! wow! i think she and summer are about the same size. it's adorable, though. you are so crafty!!

Cassie said...

:) Ooo, Ooo, pick me! Pick me! Our small girl is coming in early May! Just in time to wear the adorable bonnet. :)But no pressure...

Stephanie said...

:) I've got a little girl, Arabella Mae, due any day now. :) I've just recently started reading your blog and LOVE it...Amy VDW told me about it...I'm an RD for her. :) :) By the way, your girls are precious! Reading your blog makes me excited to have two about the same ages (my oldest is Seraphina). :)

{K} said...

I just found your blog a few days ago. That's such a cute bonnet. I have a friend welcoming a little baby girl in May and I'm sure she'd love the little bonnet. :)

Your girls are so cute! I have 2 year old girl and a 7 month old boy. I noticed a few posts back your little Bella is wearing one of my daughter's favorite t-shirts with the pink phone on it.

Jenny said...

My friend Chelsea just ahd a little girl a couple weeks ago. She is adorable. Her name is Abby-Sue, which is a fitting name for a bonnet-wearing-gal!

Unknown said...

I just found out that I'm going to be an aunt of a little girl coming in August! What a cute hat! Pick me! :)

asvdw said...

So many people to choose from Jenny! I was going to post on here that an RD of mine is having a babygirl any day and she would look adorable in that hat... but I see Stephanie already beat me to it. Pick Stephanie and baby Bella!! :)

Kali said...

I will have a tiny girly head to fill that bonnet come August! And if she's anything like her sister (and her Mommy), she may very well have a a very fair and very bald head :-)

Nealous said...

Ok, Prudie, you have to pick me. I'll brake it down in baseball terms for you. Strike 1: Chloe is to be born in the sunny month of May. Strike 2: She will be born in San Antonio, TX. Strike 3: Chloe's mom and dad both have red hair and pale skin. Strike 4: Chloe's mom, Penny is the palest person I know. Honestly, she brings a sheet to wrap around herself only after applying an enormous amount of sunscreen. She still manages to burn! Oh no, there are only 3 strikes in baseball. Poor little Chloe is surely destined to burn. Please save her precious little skin and send your bonnet to her. That bonnet is so stinkin cute it needs to be worn by a Southern Bell! Love ya, Gail

asvdw said...

Okay -- not to pressure you with a second post -- but Stephanie's little baby Arabella was born TODAY! Praise God for a healthy birth... but she could really use a bonnet for the sunshine here in PA. :)

Molly V said...

I have no little girl to give this to, but I would selfishly love it in hopes of a little girl someday! :) Love you!

data:newerpagetitle data:olderpagetitle data:homepageUrl
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...