"Starting tomorrow, we won't be getting paid," were Travis' words to me today.
Kinda crazy. Really crazy, considering where we are at in life (and in the world) right now. Crazy that someone thousands of miles away from us can determine that my hard-working husband won't get paid. And he can't exactly picket or walk out on his job.
Thankfully, we have a savings account and emergency fund. And thankfully, he technically is getting paid, we just aren't "getting the pay..." if that makes any sense. It doesn't to me. I mean, it does. But it doesn't. Everyone 'round these parts is going nuts. 75% of my friends on facebook are military, so I'm seeing pretty much the same statuses... "WE'RE NOT GETTING PAID AND MY HUSBAND IS DEPLOYED FIGHTING FOR OUR COUNTRY!!!" Got it. Ya. Me too.
Trav's commander left him with this admonishment, to which I will try to adhere:
Please don't get swept up in the Politics of all of this and make/post derogatory comments towards any of your Chain of Command or Commander in Chief. That will not help the situation.So, money can't buy happiness... and neither can the lack of money! But, here are some things that are making me happy:
1. Baking cookies with this lil' lass for Daddy.
- she's doing better -
2. Watching this wee one enjoy the sun.
3. Watching these two enjoy each other in the sun.
4. Training my mini-me how to wear flowers in your hair.
She's stubborn, though, and think they look better put in backwards.
My, my... whom have I begotten?









6 comments:
Love Bella's apron!! She looks so cute.
I am sorry that you are one who is being affected by the shutdown. It is easy to read the news stories and walk away, without putting a face to nameless masses.
Thank goodness you went through Dave Ramsey and have that savings built up. I can only imagine how stressful it would be for families living paycheck to paycheck. Praying the shutdown can be resolved quickly (or not shutdown at all)....
Bella is such a dollie in her little apron! She has such lovely, clear skin! Plus, I could just eat Summer up. What precious girls. :)
We are in a safe place for NOW, we have just started on our emergency fund about 4 months ago, so it's not perfect but it's enough. I'm trusting in the Lord though, it's the only thing we can do in this nasty situation.
Just one more reason to be thankful that it is the Lord who provides for us and not the government.
Very true, Amanda, very true.
The whole situation makes me sick and really sad, but I know I'm more thankful than ever for the men and women who serve our country (and the families which sacrifice for us everyday). You all deserve better!!!
Post a Comment