We're back. Heat, humidity, and our humble house welcomed us late last evening. Our 10-day trip was full, busy, and wonderful. Trips never go as planned, as far as I'm concerned... so while I still hate living far from family and I miss the perfect weather and unique beauty of the Central Coast of California, it felt very comforting to be home once again.
While our surrounding landscape may not look even remotely close to this photo above, Bella's sweet sentiments last night upon arriving home make up for it:
"Ohhhh, here's our van!! We're in KANSAS again!"
"Look at my cute toys!! It feels SOOO good to be here!"
"I love dis house! It's our family's house!"
"Look!! Here are my adorable shoes!! Can I try them all on, Mom?"
Some thoughts on traveling:
** Before I went on this trip, I was totally anti-Kindle. I LOVE books. The pages, the words, the hard copy in my fingertips. And I still do. But... when you're traveling via air, with two diaper bags jam packed with diapers, snacks, wipes, blankets, toys, books, etc... and there's no room for any pleasure reading, a skinny Kindle looks mighty nice. I may be softening. But, I would vow to myself to ONLY read it while necessary.
** The SkyMall magazines are amazing. Pure entertainment. I've already circled three things I want for my birthday. And I've found Trav (the
most difficult man to shop for ever!!) a gift too. Too bad his birthday's in two days.
 |
| Photo compliments of Jim Jeffrey |
** When I returned home from my trip while Trav was deployed, I came back expecting to be moved shortly... and my mind was far removed from our current location. Since then, we've heard about three different new assignments, each one being cancelled within days/weeks of hearing. Now, we're in yet another waiting game for our assignment, which will probably keep us here for another year or two. While disappointing, I've tried hard to be happy in my shoes. Joyful and content where I am, here and now. And upon returning last night, I was glad to feel truly home. Yes, this is where we are. Where we live and raise our girls. It may be a hell-hole for military folk right now (
excuse my language), but it's where we're at. So, happy in my shoes I'll determine to be.
3 comments:
love the family picture!! you guys all look great!
Ah, so we DON'T need to plan a going-away party just yet! Yay!!!
Totally agree with you on the Kindle. It certain situations it is superior though...ie traveling and also lying in bed. :)
Post a Comment