The whole globe craze has become rather popular, but I love those too.
It's something about all the colors, the ability to see where/how everything is laid out across the world, the dreams of adventure...
+
I like Pinterest.
Betwixt the two, I've dreamt up many a good idea of how to add more map-like ideas into my home. Here are some of my favorite pins, and my most recent project!
![]() |
| 1. |
1. Need some major art, but are low on cash? Maps! Such a great pop of color and I love how she added "Joy to the World" splashed across. Beautiful.
![]() |
| 2. |
2. A great way to reuse old maps! Glue them to a magnetic back and create a fun magnet mural on the fridge.
![]() |
| 3. |
3. Another sweet way to reuse all those old, outdated road maps. Glue them to some cork board. Then pinpoint all the special places in the region. Methinks I must do this...
![]() |
| 4. |
4. LOVE.
![]() |
| 5. |
5. This has to be one of my favorites... and another MUST do. Isn't is grand?
My latest project stems from this sweet pin:
![]() |
| 6. |
I'd like to learn how to embroider, but until then, I did a variation on this theme... many of my military friends would love this idea as well!
![]() |
| A teaser, cell phone pic |
Come back tomorrow for the final reveal and steps on how to make your own...











8 comments:
this is so cool! i must do this! i think i'm going to like yours better than the original, btw! :-) all my projects lately have been organizing projects and although i get the same thrill out of them as these kinds of projects, they are all hidden in drawers and behind doors....i need a displayable (is that a word?) project soon! you are so good at that.
Can't wait to see. I love the idea!
Great ideas! I really liked the last idea. That is a must for my to-do list. I'll have to figure out what to do with our ever increasing list of states. However, if we continue to duplicate states, I guess I won't need that :)
1. its a little funny/ironic/sad that it says joy to the world on the map of the US. might be more fitting if it actually was a map of the whole world. :)
4. quilts AND maps??? can it get much better? two of my favorite things
6. can't wait to see your completed project!
Very clever! Beats the "home is where the air force sends us" sign I have that just lists our assignments. I can't wait to see how your project turns out!
A. you are so cool
B. I'm totally copying you.
C. I want to do the fabric map...but it looks hard to sew that all. Did they sew it or glue it onto a board?
D. Love to you.
<3
This is Kelsey, Kali's sister. I think you know who I am. I frequently creep on your blog and love your stories about motherhood, your crafty ways, and your beautiful writing [you and I share a love for the written word].
I LOVE this map idea. Can't wait for your reveal!
Also...because you actually blog frequently I "tagged" you in a little thing on my blog. It is silly and if you don't play along I WON'T be offended.
LOVE Maps too and love these ideas :)
Can't wait to see your final project reveal as it looks like you're putting your paints from the last project to good use!
Post a Comment