Saturday, February 11, 2012

What a difference 3 and 1/2 years make...

2012

Tonight, the base is hosting a Valentine's Evening for Daddies and daughters.  The evening should include dinner, dancing and games.  This duo, of course, signed right up for it.  And I stayed home with the younger daughter, making it my aim to not be too jealous of some quality alone time with the Much-Sought-After-Male of the house.  Summer and I are battling (and I mean BATTLING in every sense of the word!) a nasty, heinous, blasted, damned cold (yes, I just swore).  I'm on Day 5 of the cold; Summer, 8... and the end is not in sight.

Anyways, this post is not about me and my clogged nose.  No, it's just a flashback memory that I had when I quickly snapped the picture above.  Yes, the picture was a "Quick, I know you're running late, but let's get a Daddy-Bella snapshot."  He grabbed her, kissed her, and I clicked.  Then they threw on their coats and rushed out the door.  But in that moment, so many pictures that I have snapped throughout the past three and a half years flooded my head.  And, as it so often does these days, I feel a sense of "Wow... it's gone so fast already..."


2008
I know she's only three and a half.  But soon she'll be seven, then fourteen, then twenty-eight...

And on days like the recent ones have been: long, full of runny noses and coughs, stuck inside, crabbiness; it's good to be reminded that the years fly by.  Enjoy life while it's here.

2 comments:

Dina M said...

Those spur of the moment pics are usually the best! That is wonderful the base is doing that for the Dad & Daughters! Hope you are feeling better soon.

Kate said...

I love that your Travis like to do those sorts of things with Bella. She is such a blessed little girl to have such a handsome and loving daddy who dotes on her left and right. :)

data:newerpagetitle data:olderpagetitle data:homepageUrl
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...