- I'm on Day 4 of this nasty cold. I'm hoping it's not turning into a sinus infection (as my last big cold did). Those bad boys are excruciating! I admit that I'm not doing such a great job in refraining from kissing my girls during this snotty time.
- Bella's been struggling with first-time obedience and just listening, in general, lately. It's really been trying my patience, and last night, I admit I lost my temper. Ooh, I was so angry and I really let her know it. Afterwards (actually, in the midst of my temper tantrum), I realized what I was doing and I felt soooo guilty. Ugh. I just hated myself. I had to take a long walk by myself and cool down and ask the Lord for forgiveness. Then, I turned back home and asked Bella for forgiveness too. I hate seeing myself brought to such low levels by a lack of patience. This morning, we reviewed our memory verses (Galatians 5:22-23, "The Fruit of the Spirit") and I told the girls that today, I'm asking the Lord to help me cultivate PATIENCE. Bella chimed in, "Ya! I'm asking for patience today too, because when I don't have it, you yell at me. Remember when you yelled at me for picking up the eggs? And remember when you yelled at me last night? And remember when you lost your temper with me because I was picking up Lucy? Remember, Mama??" Oi vey.
- I admit that I lost our camera. And I miss taking pictures.
- I picked up this book from the library yesterday:
![]() |
| Anne of Green Gables |
Enough admitting for one day... let's move on from my failures. It's Wednesday and the weekend is coming.
Peace.
Jenny





3 comments:
You're a great mama, Jen! Even the best lose their tempers.
I just started reading Anne of Green Gables last week! I had gotten the complete series for Christmas back in my Jr. High years and NEVER read them. Very bad of me. So, last time I was home, I dug them out of their dark box and brought them back with me. I'm pretty excited. After reading "The Hunger Games," I needed something a little more light-hearted. :)
hey I got a sinus infection as well after one week of cold, now on antibiotics, "i feel your PAIN"
Jen - I think you'll love the Anne of Green Gables books even more than the movies... I think you'll get lost in the words :)
Post a Comment