I'm also sitting here, staring my 3rd load of laundry in the face. FOLD ME, it screams.
I'm also sprawled on the couch, glaring at my 6-month pregnant-looking belly. Whenever I eat enough to make me full, my tummy plays a nasty trick on me. It expands an to embarrassing degree. And for the rest of the night, I either embrace the belly, or hate it. Tonight, I'm letting it loose, but I am giving myself the talk about needing to work out more. But, my tacos and guacamole were divine.
I'm also wanting to write a post about something grand, but all that my mind is full of is dishes, laundry, vacuuming, bedtime, laundry, disciplining, and bedtime. Maybe tomorrow.
Therefore, dear reader, I leave you with two Bella quotes. Those never disappoint, and are never rare. The child's mouth is a motor that never runs out of gasoline.
I'm making a blanket for my dear friend's baby, whom was just born 3 days ago. I'm hand-quilting part of the top. Bella likes to sit next to me and watch. Today, she was BEGGING me to let her quilt some of it, so I obliged her fancy. While she was "quilting", I asked her what she wanted to be when she grew up.
"Oh, just, you know."
"What?"
"Well, I'll probably be a big girl. And maybe I'll catch butterflies. And I'll wear clothes and blush."
"Hmm... cool. What else will you do?"
"Well, I'll just stay home with you and we'll quilt blankets and ride bikes and sew and stuff."
Sounds perfect, Bella June. Looking forward to it!!
*****
Yesterday, I was brushing her hair before church. When she wakes, her hair is usually pretty frizzy and knotty. So, I wet it down with water and brush through all the tangles and the plump the curls with my hands. During this, she's babbling on and on... and my mind is drifting.
"Right Mama?"
Hmm?
Hmm?
"My hair is kinda like a pond! Or an ocean."
"Why do you say that, Bella?"
"Well, because my curls look like the waves in a pond or an ocean."
I love that child and the way she thinks. Using metaphors at age 3. :-)




2 comments:
ahhhh! i love her. i can just picture her darling little voice saying "and i'll catch butterflies"... oh, she cracks me up. i miss her so. and you too, and summer, and travy. wish you were home. :(
so cute. "I'll probably be a big girl."
I'm glad to know I'm not the only one whose mind gets filled to the brim with all things trivial and mundane at times.
Post a Comment