If you've been a reader of my blog for awhile, you might possibly remember I went estate sale-ing. Like, two years ago. And I picked up a side table for $15. And my intent was to paint it an awesome color. I believe my exact words were: "With some paint, this will make a cute side table in our living room." Ya. Some paint + 2 years. Here's a pic of the bad boy:
So FINALLY... right before Trav left, I began to work on it. Sometimes, you just need to wait until inspiration strikes, ya know? Poor Trav, though, he hasn't been able to see it completed. It'll be a surprise for when he returns.
I had to strip the varnish off. That's some hard work, there, folks! And I didn't seem to have the correct tools for stripping, so I used my garden pick-ax (I'm not sure if that's the correct terminology).
I picked a nice, bright paint color... simply because something inside of me rebels at buying white, beige, black, or light blue (aka: normal) paint colors.
I painted two coats, covered it in a semi-gloss varnish... and wa-la! Project complete.
Side note:: I'm not a huge fan of semi-gloss varnish, as it looks too shiny for my taste. But, it's what we had on hand and I was trying to keep the costs to a minimum. I would prefer more of a matte finish.
Double side note:: The color is Plum Jam from Behr. It adds such a punch of funky brightness... I love it.
Tuesday, May 15, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










7 comments:
Love it! I am also a fan of bright colors! One can never have to much color, I say. :)
Love the painting project! Reminded me of mid-way through this little painting project I did a while ago. So much fun to add some bright color. Why go boring when you can go fun?!
http://thelifeofmegananne.blogspot.com/2009/06/little-red-table.html
Love it Jen!
Looks great Jenny! Love the colour!
Man, I am one lucky gal to have you come here for 5 weeks. I've got tons of projects that need that "funky punch" as you call it! But lets use sand paper instead of the garden pick axe.:)
I love it! Such a fun color. It looks great!
oh, i love that color!!! good job, jj.
Post a Comment