Sunday, June 10, 2012

"God is everywhere!"


"Mom, do you want to know something?" she asked excitedly.
"Yes, I sure do," I said.  I love when these questions come out of her mouth.

"Mom, did you know that God is everywhere??" she waves her arms around her little body.

"Well, yes, I did, Bella.  Who told you that?"

"Auntie Kate told me.  In Charlotte's little church last week.  She said that God was with Jonah when he was in the belly of the big fish.  And He's EVERYWHERE!  And He's even with us now in this car!"

"Yes, yes... He is, Bella.  And that's why I love Him.  Just like the verse we learned, Hebrews 13:5 'I will never leave you, nor forsake you.'  He is always with us."

"Ya.  And He's always with us... even when bery, BERY bad things happen to us.  Even when it's dark and scary.  Even if you gets blood on you... and a band-aid, God is there with you, Mama.  He is."

And then my heart swelled.  With love for that little girl.  And the truth poured into her life.  And her ability to slowly soak it in.  And with love for God - that He is always with us.  Even when it's dark and scary.


We're headed to CHLA on Monday to meet up with her surgeon.  I hope she can remember that God is with her always, as she is deathly afraid of doctors.  If you notice the the above picture, she has broken blood vessels around her eyes from screaming her head off while getting her blood taken for allergy testing.  God will be with us on Monday, and we shall not be afraid.

4 comments:

anna said...

that girl of yours makes me smile. :) I love that she loves Jesus. Also for real!?? You can get broken blood vessels from screaming and crying. That is some intense emotion! Maybe you can ask the docs to dress up in a flight suit like her daddy when they examine her. ;) It might throw her off and she won't realize that its a doc. hehe. Just a thought. :)

heather said...

I love it. And I sure hope Monday goes well. We'll say a prayer for her, that if nothing else she can still feel His love, even when she's scared.

LBeck said...

Allie and I will be praying for that sweet girl of yours. That she has peace in her heart through all the fear.

kelseylynae said...

Thanks, Bella! I needed this reminder…"even when you gets blood on you.."

Jenny, now that I have little Blythe in my life, I am appreciating even more how intentional you are at raising your sweet girls in the word. THanks for sharing.

data:newerpagetitle data:olderpagetitle data:homepageUrl
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...