Dear Love,
These two hams and I miss you like crazy. Why is life so meaningless without you?? Sometimes, I lie in bed missing you so much. And then, I try and think of all the things that annoy me about you so that it doesn't hurt as badly... but I never end up getting very far, because I'd rather have the annoying things and you home.
We've been squeezing in LOTS of cousin time. Bella loves Charlotte VERY much, and sometimes has a hard time playing with Suzannah and Elizabeth, simply because she hates leaving Charlotte's side. Summer loves Elizabeth... so that helps. But, we've had to have plenty of talks on being kind to everyone and with five girl cousins, there's always bound to be tears. But there's plenty of laughter too.
Bella spent the night a couple nights ago, and this is how Aunt Kate found Charlotte and our daughter. Two peas in a pod, if I do say so myself! Granted, it does get hot up in A-town.
Of course, B got barely any sleep while there and thus, this happened the next day! I don't think she's fallen asleep on me since she was six months of age... so I made sure to drink it in. I knew, though, that you would have treasured it more. You always have loved the girls falling asleep on you.
Speaking of the girls, would you take a look at this one???
Could anything be more beautiful? She's quite my lovey girl. And her newest phrase is, "Do SELF!!" which, loosely translated means, "I can do it myself!!" My favorite phase of kids. NOT. But, back to the sweet face above... can we have many more children together??? Let's at least practice when you get back. :)
And last, but not least,
Bella's been GREATLY enjoying an old pastime of mine: rope swinging. The smile on her face stretches beyond human limits and she is so alive in that tree grove. Every time we leave, though, she always wishes Daddy could have been there to push her and watch her swing. She misses "climbing tress" with you.
Fly safe, my dear. Come home soon, if you can.
Love, me










2 comments:
Aww! So very sweet my friend! I'm right there with you! I miss my husband so very much, but what bothers me the most is that he is missing watching his only daughter grow up! I want there to be the bond there that he has with his boys....In due time I guess. Just 5 more weeks, but then a dreaded 11 week deployment just a month after this return. His baby will be 6 month old by then. :(
jen thanks for posting these pics...i love seeing the cousin interactions...that's the best! :) can you post a pic of summer and elizabethie next?
Post a Comment