An impromptu date:
It was super sweet.
My man, I missed him.
I'd give anything -
I'd even rub his feet!
Online: I saw him.
I thought, Just maybe...
"Are you so busy?"
"Homework," he typed vaguely.
"I need to see you,
we don't have to chat
"I just want to be.
We can leave it at that."
He called me; I grinned.
All I want? To be with him.
To watch him study,
To watch his sweet face:
Is a gift nothing could replace.





3 comments:
Sorry you're missing him bad, i get it! Can I ask you a question?
I noticed from your posts that Bella is a daddy's girl so when Travis leaves how does she handle that?
My husband left tonight and its the first time he's leaving our little guy who believes Dad is his hero. We've been doing work-ups for the first time with him and he's acting out quite a bit but while my husband was home this last weekend my son was back to his normal happy self. I'm nervous about the weeks ahead of us while Darren is away. Do you have any advice or have you been through this too? I can't seem to find a whole lot out there on toddlers in the military. Sorry I can't write a short question even if I tried!
Hope this time is full but passes quickly until you're with your husband again.
~Laura
Laura, I'd love to write you a long response. Can you either email me or send me your email address?
Jenny, I love this poem. So sweet and so true. Just to BE together. Oh, I can't wait for you...only7 more days! :)
Post a Comment