My days are filled with:
- enjoying being back at home. Home always feels so spacious, so beautiful, so calming after traveling. I'm very thankful for and content with my home.
- seeing neighbors and friends. While the military life is a hard one, the friends and community is seriously irreplaceable. One neighbor picked me up from the airport, along with her two kiddos. Her husband is also deployed. Another neighbor ran out to meet us, unpacked my luggage and hauled it all inside for me. Another friend had "broken into" my garage door and left me groceries and cookies/muffins. Many more friends texted me throughout the day welcoming me back. I am overwhelmed. Seriously. So blessed.
- picking up all my loose ends that were left dangling for 5 weeks while we traveled. Errands, appointments, play-dates, laundry, cleaning, shopping... it's life and I love it.
- skyping/emailing my Honey. He only has a short while left. Yet, it's these last weeks that are the hardest, in my opinion. So close you can see the light, but still so much longer until we can feel each others' hands clasping and he can smother all three of his girls in kisses.
- conversations with Bella. She's been so inquisitive lately - and about deep things: death, birth, sin, battling sin, words and how to spell, if I love Summer and her equally or one of them more, having Jesus in your heart, etc. I try to be as honest and clear as I can, without hiding much. She startles me almost every day by her curiosity.
- teaching Summer. She loves to push the limits, but just sobs if she's ever reprimanded. Today, I lightly swatted her bum for getting up from the table after the sixth time of telling her to SIT. Her blue eyes welled up with tears and she said, "I sorry, Mama. I SORRY!" and began to bawl. I patted her head over and over saying it was okay, until finally I said, "Do you need a hug?" She sprang up from the table and snuggled herself right into my arms, repeating, "I sorry, Mama, I sorry!" Oh dear. Such a softie.
- wanting to be pregnant. I keep seeing babies and I want one. Not right now... but in about 9 months, I'd love a newborn. :-) Just sayin'... now, to get that man of mine home! He has a job to do!!







1 comment:
Ha! That last one made me grin! :). Welcome home!
Post a Comment