Saturday, August 4, 2012

a twin anecdote


My husband and I have been enjoying our 10 days of reintegration, no work, time together as a family.  With this 10 days of no work comes the liberty to grow... FACIAL HAIR!  I'm a fan of manly scruff, and he knows it.  But when he came out of the bathroom yesterday with his manly scruff shaped into these nasty chops, I poo-pooed him.  Thumbs down.  All to no avail.  He loves his "creation" and has sported it two days now.  He also texted a picture to Tommy, his twin brother, showing off his facial hair.

Not too long after, Tommy texted this picture to Trav:
saying, "No way!!  I just shaved my beard to be like this this morning!  Before I even got your text.  We must definitely be twins."

Ya.  Ya think?  Crazy boys...

+ + + + + + + + + +

In other news, I've been trying to just be with my family this last week.  Often, I feel so amateur when it comes to being a Godly wife.  I have so far to grow.  So much to improve upon.  This week, I feel overcome with gratefulness that God (and my husband) is never-failing with patience towards me.  

It's been hot.  As in 110* F every day.  96* F by 10 a.m.  So, like I've been saying all summer long, there's been lots of pool time.  Lots of water playing.  Lots of hanging out in our cool home while wrecking any sort of organized cleanliness I aim for.  Oh well.


And the children grow older every day.  I find them every morning, Bella crawled into Summer's crib, reading books side by side.  Summer loves to be held and often, when I can't hold her, Bella offers and Summer seizes the chance to be loved physically.  They are dear girls and I'm very thankful for them.

And that's all for now, folks.  Off to enjoy my last "free" 24-hours with my family!

1 comment:

Kali said...

Ha! That's awesome :) I should post a picture sometime of a mustache Dan was talked into one time by Tommy -- it was awful!

data:newerpagetitle data:olderpagetitle data:homepageUrl
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...