TODAY...
...the girls are playing nicely... and having so much fun just rearranging things in the house and make-believing and building forts.
...and Bella asked me to pretend I was the mama, and they were the babies. And could I please let her put the pillows and blankets on the ground so they could pretend to have reading time??
...it was a tough choice, but I relented. Mothering these two can be so hard on days like this!
...with all this quiet, extra, playing-nicely time, I decided I wanted a yummy dinner tonight. So I began to boil the potatoes for my Nana's extremely delicious au gratin potato recipe. With a huge, healthy salad of romaine and kale and onions and cucumbers on the side... and maybe a bit of meat...
...I admired my five-day old birthday roses, and wished they could stay beautiful forever. And wished I could have skin like a rose petal... wouldn't that be lovely?
...I listened to the conversation taking place between two soft faces pressed closely together:
B: "Summer, I'm FOUR now."
S: "Five?"
B: "No, FOUR."
S: "Six?"
B: *exasperated sigh* "NO, Summer, listen to me. I'm FOUR now, on my birthday. You're still only one."
S: "No, I five!"
B: "Summer, you just don't understand. I'm FOUR!"
S: "Six?"
Today... I'm just a mom. Not all days are like today. I'm so thankful God gives us these sunny ones, to help during the thunderstorms and drizzles.






1 comment:
your girls are adorable and your photography skills amazing :)
Post a Comment