Thursday, October 25, 2012

kid conviction

At some point during this past week, amidst all our driving, Trav and I got in a tiff.  I'm not sure what about exactly, except that I was bugged at him and he was bugged at me.  And I was 100% right and he was 100% right.  And neither one of us was backing down.  Which resulted in a heavy silence in the car.  He, staring at the road, both hands on the steering wheel; me, glaring out my passenger window.

Then, a little songbird began her sweet melody in the backseat.  A innocent, lovely voice singing,

My heart was black with sin
Until the Savior came in.
His precious blood, I know,
Has washed me white as snow.

And in His Word I'm to-ooold
I'll walk the streets of go-ooold.
To grow each final day,
I'll read the Bible and pray.

After singing the same song three times, her little voice asked, "Mama?  Do you love God?"

*grimacing* "Yes, Bella.  I do, although it doesn't show very much, does it.?"

"Why, Mama?  Why do you love God?"

"Well, because He died for me and loved me enough to save me from my sinful heart."

"YES!" I can hear her smiling. "Yes, I love Him too.  Because God thinks everyone is special.  And ALL have sinned, but God still loves them and thinks everyone is special.  But ALL have sinned.  But that's why Jesus had to come, to die and save us from our sins.  And so I love Jesus, too."


Thank you, Father, for our children.  Our little child-convictors that pierce my heart and sin with their pure, unashamed love.  With their simple questions and ability to apply truth in all circumstances.  And thank You, Father, for washing me white as snow.

4 comments:

Janet said...

Precious,only from the mouths of children, no way to get around it.
I bet the air melted!
I love you all!

Ashlie said...

This is so sweet and beautiful!

Dina M said...

Kid's have the best timing, dontcha think?!?!

Anonymous said...

Jenny......well said by both of you...thank you for this particular post.....definitely spoke to my heart......love you both......Auntie Deb

data:newerpagetitle data:olderpagetitle data:homepageUrl
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...