Monday, November 5, 2012

from the mouths of babes

It's time for my little posts of Bella quips.  I need to remember these times when I'm older...


The girls love to share the rocking chair and each find a Bible and read it.  Bella tries to identify all the numbers and usually tells Summer some pretty amazing stories out of that book.  Like this one:

"There were two women.  And they were named Jenny and Fugler.  And then, there were two men.  There names were Anna and Jesus.  (Those are boy names, Summer.)  The boys saw the women-girls and said, "WOW!  They are so beautiful, we must marry them.  So the boys married the women-girls.  But guess what happened after they married???  The boys were MEAN to the girls.  But then they were nice, and then mean, and then nice.  And when they were about to go to the hostible to have their babies, the women-girls said, 'We're going to have little daughters and if you don't like that, you can LEAVE.'  And the boys were nice after that!"
*****

Summer was being a little rough with the pages of her Bible and Bella sternly admonished, "SUMMER.  You MUST be careful with the Bible.  It could break.  Like a statue."
*****

Bella was flipping through the maps in the back of the Bible.  She came across a huge one of Israel.  "This is the BIIIIIIIG state of Kansas, Summer.  Isn't it beautiful??  So lovely.  This is where all the Hebrews live.  The Hebrews love Kansas.  Because all where you drive in Kansas is lovely and stunning."

The girl has state pride...
*****

Last night, Bella was asking Trav which prince he would like to be.  Trav was a little distracted, naming random Prince names.  Bella was getting frustrated and muttered, "I just wish you would say Prince Philip, because then, if I was Aurora, we could be married together."
*****

We were talking about the baby coming and Bella was getting so excited.  "Oh Mama, I just can't wait for the baby to come out of your tummy!! .... Wait, Mama?  How does the baby come out?"

Uhhh...., "Well, Bella, how do you think it comes out?"

Seriously contemplative.  "I don't know.  How does it, Mama?"

Uhhh...., "Well, I just go to the hospital and the doctor helps the baby come out."

"But HOW, Mama???"

"Hey, you guys want some Halloween candy??"


9 comments:

Rachel L said...

i love reading these. such an imagination and inquisitive spirit.

but why can't you answer the HOW? question!?? :)

rachieannie said...

What a card!! The Prince Philip one cracked me up!!

Kim said...

I'd love to hear the answers she gives her Sunday School teachers!

Aly said...

sooo soooo cute!!! what a funny little story!! totally entertaining gal she is!!!!!!:)

Amanda B. said...

Ha Ha! I just had that same conversation with Isaac about a friend who is due in a month. I just told him the doctor would help get the baby out and he didn't need to worry. He pondered that for a moment and then replied "help her get it out of her mouth?" Umm not quite, but we'll leave it at that for now!

Shannon said...

What a funny and charming girl!

Tim and Melissa McBee said...

What a funny girl!! She'll love reading these one day!

The Scott Family said...

That cracked me up! And what a precious picture of Bella. She has the sweetest smile!

Laurie said...

I just LOVE reading these Bella quips, Jenny! Totally hysterical!! What an amazing young gal she is!

Love you guys,
A. Laurie

data:newerpagetitle data:olderpagetitle data:homepageUrl
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...