Monday, November 26, 2012

tale of the white christmas tree


Last Christmas, I kept seeing unique, colorful decor with white Christmas trees on pinterest.  Unique and colorful are my key words for decorating.  Secretly, I pined for a white Christmas tree to play around with.


After the Christmas season, I broached the topic with Travis, just in case we happened upon a sale of white Christmas trees.  He looked at me as the loony that I am, but said okay.  He's always game for my eccentric ideas.  Lo and behold, a few days later, I found a $15 pre-lit, white Christmas tree at my local thrift store.  She was mine.


And there she lay, packed tightly in her box in our basement for a year.  Until a few nights ago when, with giggles and embarrassed smiles, we pulled her upstairs and trimmed her fake, flame-retardant branches with our keepsake ornaments.


Our girls can't get over how "beautiful" she is.  So sparkly and bright.  Each ornament gleams against the white backdrop.  She's different than our other trees.  Kinda retro and corny.  But, she fits the home this year.  And she's definitely a punch of fun.  At $15, you really can't go wrong.  For $15, I'm always up for some weird and memory-making experiments.

So, welcome little white Christmas tree.  You sure are pretty.

5 comments:

Shannon said...

So fun! White trees are harder to find than one might think! I'm looking for a mini white one to put in Kensie's room. I LOVE yours...so fluffy and sparkly bright :) Enjoy!

Amanda B. said...

love the white tree. it suits you well and i so wish i could see it in person!

donnasue said...

THE WAY YOU DESCRIBE HER ALMOST MAKES ME WANT A WHITE TREE. ALMOST BUT NOT QUITE... ENJOY!

Mallory said...

How fun! I love how the colored lights show up and it puts the ornaments on display!

Betty said...

I love your eye for color and love of retro!! This brought up memories with me & Aunt Janet of G'ma's flocked trees & Papa's color wheel spinning under the tree with pastel lights changing!!!! Too fun!!!

data:newerpagetitle data:olderpagetitle data:homepageUrl
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...