Christmas is a time for pulling out that machine of yours and making some goods! Although, I'm loathe to admit I'm not making anything for my girls this year. I am hoping ("hoping" being a key word) to knit this sweet blanket for my third-born.
I imagine it in creams and blues and greys. Does that say anything?? I have a wonderful boy name picked out... but, no girl name. Sweet little Ruby (my fav) just got eternally x-nayed by Trav. Boo. Back to the drawing board.
Anyhow, I've been making some fun things I thought I'd share. I just completed a beautiful nativity cross-stitch (that I began in August!) and am working on getting it matted and framed. I spent a lot of time on this puppy, so I don't mind spending a pretty penny to have it nicely preserved. Yet, when I got my first quote this morning of $220, I was quite taken aback! I need to shop around some more, I see... I'll share a photo soon of the framed piece.
This easy project is fun, fast, and personal. I have three neighbor ladies that are dearer than dear to me. We all live within four homes of one another and have the same aged children. We watch each others' kids at the drop of a hat, trade date night babysitting, watch monitors, come over for no reason, share recipes. These women are why I LOVE base housing. We also all love our Canon DSLRs.
The camera strap tutorial I used is found here. I ordered the hardwear off of Amazon for under $5. I also purchased a quarter yard of fabric each, but you could probably get away with 1/8 of a yard. Easy to make and fun to wear.
And what's that in the background?? Why, it's our felt advent tree! The same pattern that my parents used as we children were growing up. We use this fabulous book, Family Celebrations, as our guide through Advent. Not only does the book have the pattern for the tree and each symbol, but it also has ideas on how to form family traditions for Valentine's Day, Easter, Pentecost, birthdays, Independence Day, All Saints Day, Thanksgiving, and more Christmas.
The devotionals are short, yet Scripture-packed & very centered on Christ and why it is so necessary that He came into the world to save us. True to my memory (as we did this very tree every year growing up), our little women love our family Advent time in the evening.
Welp, that's what I have for now, folks. Must get on to dinner-making, and laundry folding. Thanks, as always, for tuning in. Love ya.
![]() |
| **source** |
Anyhow, I've been making some fun things I thought I'd share. I just completed a beautiful nativity cross-stitch (that I began in August!) and am working on getting it matted and framed. I spent a lot of time on this puppy, so I don't mind spending a pretty penny to have it nicely preserved. Yet, when I got my first quote this morning of $220, I was quite taken aback! I need to shop around some more, I see... I'll share a photo soon of the framed piece.
This easy project is fun, fast, and personal. I have three neighbor ladies that are dearer than dear to me. We all live within four homes of one another and have the same aged children. We watch each others' kids at the drop of a hat, trade date night babysitting, watch monitors, come over for no reason, share recipes. These women are why I LOVE base housing. We also all love our Canon DSLRs.
The camera strap tutorial I used is found here. I ordered the hardwear off of Amazon for under $5. I also purchased a quarter yard of fabric each, but you could probably get away with 1/8 of a yard. Easy to make and fun to wear.
And what's that in the background?? Why, it's our felt advent tree! The same pattern that my parents used as we children were growing up. We use this fabulous book, Family Celebrations, as our guide through Advent. Not only does the book have the pattern for the tree and each symbol, but it also has ideas on how to form family traditions for Valentine's Day, Easter, Pentecost, birthdays, Independence Day, All Saints Day, Thanksgiving, and more Christmas.
The devotionals are short, yet Scripture-packed & very centered on Christ and why it is so necessary that He came into the world to save us. True to my memory (as we did this very tree every year growing up), our little women love our family Advent time in the evening.
Welp, that's what I have for now, folks. Must get on to dinner-making, and laundry folding. Thanks, as always, for tuning in. Love ya.





2 comments:
i LOVE that blanket! i wish so badly i liked to knit/crochet. I try...i try. but i cannot finish a project worth beans. i'm really excited to see your nativity. :)
Cute blanket, Is it knitted or crocheted (sp)?
I love that you are doing that advent tree. So special to remember back.
Post a Comment