Thursday, January 24, 2013

pregnant sisters and our offspring

In honor of procrastinating .... I edited some pictures last evening.  Pictures I took on our last day in California.  The sweet golden air, spiced with fresh green grass and horse sweat is nearly aromatic in these photos.  We visited Cal Poly, the local university, which has a large agricultural and equestrian units.  It is a familiar past time that my sister and I like to do with our children (when I'm in town, that is).  Of course, the kiddos loved all the horses and on our way back to the cars, we strolled by their stalls - all marked with numbers.  I let each child stand in front of his/her own "age door".  And I love how each personality shines through in the photo.

Suzy: age 7 & 11/12ths

Charlotte: age 6

Bella: age 4

Elizabeth: age 3 & 1/2

Poor Summer's door didn't have a 2.
So Mimi made a two with her fingers...
as did Summer (in her own special way).

Atticus: age 1 (20 mos) -
the sole little man (until baby brother comes along)

My sister and I are also two weeks apart in our pregnancies.  She is ahead and expecting her fifth (!) in the beginning of May.  It's been rather fun to do this one "together."  So, we decided to take a picture of our broods - in all our "pregnancy-glowing-splendor."

Kate at 25 weeks
me at 23 weeks
Oh, baby baby BABY.  Who thinks we need a mite more boys in this fam???

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Absolutely adorable. I love Suzannah trying to make it look like she is pregnant also. So glad that you have sisters and that you can get together and raise your children together. I missed out on that so try to live it through my daughters and granddaughters. Love all of you, Nana

Janet said...

I want to see a similar picture in 3 mo.

Jacquelyn said...

That is just the cutest sisters picture ever!!!!

Anonymous said...

love love LOVE these pictures. especially the sweet one of you, your sister and the kiddos. incredible. love, joy l.

Mama Mote said...

Love the pics. Beautiful children, each and every one of them. And adding more!!! Goodness! Hope your moving goes smoothly. I guess I'll have to read your most recent blog, huh, to find out. hugs to you all

data:newerpagetitle data:olderpagetitle data:homepageUrl
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...