Sunday, January 27, 2013

little lassie snippets

Sometimes, I post my girls' quips on facebook.  So, for you facebook friends, this may be a repeat.  But blogger is better at reaching back into archives... and my husband doesn't have a facebook account.  So these are for him.  From his little lassies.


We have a Daddy book.  It's a homemade, laminated booklet my sister made for Bella one deployment with a bunch of pictures of Travis in it.  It was Bella's favorite book at one point.  Now it is Summer's favorite.  She loves to sit on the ground and leaf through the pages and stare at her Daddy.  On one page, there were a bunch of pictures of Travis with his twin, Tommy.  Summer was fixated on that page for quite a while, running her fingers over their faces.  Then she looked up at me and exclaimed, "WOW, Mama!  I have a WOT of Daddies!"

++++

Bella was eating some Wheat Thins the other day.  As she happily crunched, she asked, "Mama?  What are these made of?"
"Wheat, mostly," I replied.
Then, closing her eyes, she said with much gusto, "Mmmm.... I just love crackers made of weed."

++++

As we were driving to church today, Bella asked, "Mama?  Are you growing grey hairs?"
"Why?" I asked.  "Can you see any?"
"Yes, in the front... right here."  She pointed at her own brow.
"Yeeeeeessss..." I complained.  "I sure am getting some grey in my hair."

A few minutes passed.  Then...
"Mama, I sure am going to miss you when you die and go to heaven."
Chuckling, I replied, "Well, I'll miss you too, Bells.  But what if you die before me?  Then I'll be missing you when you die and go to heaven."
"MAMA!  I'm not going to be the one dying first!  I'm not the one that's growing all the grey hairs and getting old and ready to die!"


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bella must think I'm already dead and in heaven with all the gray hair I have. I love to hear what they say.Such innocent and candid remarks of a child. Hope all is going well with the packing. Love you, Nana

Erika said...

HA! Love the quotes....TOO funny :)

data:newerpagetitle data:olderpagetitle data:homepageUrl
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...