Moving is incredibly messy.
My mother-in-law just left after being here for three and a half days. She was amazing. Helping me paint my entire downstairs back to white. Entertaining/loving the children. Chatting in the evening. Letting me runs errands without kiddos. So so so nice to have a bit of help for a couple of days.
And now, I sit, looking at the incredible mess around me. Mess that can't really be cleaned... just needs to be packed (or craigslisted, or thrifted). Add on top of this mess, the mess of daily life with a four-year old and two-year old and you've got Mess with a capital M.
With moving, I wish I could pause life and get the main stuff done while everything else around stands still, but *ha ha ha*. Not so. Like this morning, when I was at a loss with how to deal with my two, INCREDIBLY different daughters and the situation that arose. Sometimes, I'd just like to pass the baton of parenting off to someone else and say, "Here! You have a go at it. I'm lost."
Yet, I will persevere and pray for more wisdom and patience. And count down the days until my husband comes home. And be thankful that we have a home lined up in Florida. And thankful for the little third one that will be joining us in May, however overwhelming that may seem. And give thanks for awesome neighbors and family, whom are always willing to help.
Moving will be over soon. And life is beautiful when messy, right?






1 comment:
gosh, summer REALLY reminds me of you in that picture, hahaha. i think it's the attitude she's giving you. :)
Post a Comment