Today is move-in day. Our household goods are being delivered right as I type. Yet the girls and I had different plans.
Yesterday, we visited the Florida Aquarium. The girls and Trav enjoyed it... although, I felt rather queasy and uncomfortable all morning. Despite the fun, I finally begged to go home and lie down.
I napped for a few hours before I awoke to Bella throwing up everywhere. I followed next. Only to be outdone by Summer's three puking episodes in the middle of the night. The Great Flu finally hit our fam. Trav is the only one not affected (dare I say, yet??), but he did get the flu shot... so maybe it won't hit him.
The girls seem to be back to normal this morning, but my stomach feels yucky. So, we're taking it easy... watching lots of Nick Jr. and PBS Kids (thank heaven for cable channels!) and drinking gatorade.
To say this is not how I expected move-in day to be would be an understatement, but I'm ever EVER so grateful for my husband. Yesterday was one of those days when I felt like I couldn't express enough gratitude towards him. From staying up most of the night to clean throw-up sheets and blankets to getting us gatorade and crackers; from watching the children and letting me sleep to taking full responsibility for everything... I just felt so thankful he was here. Knowing full well that these sick times somehow always seem to happen when he's absent and knowing full well that it could have so easily occurred that way, I want to say now:
Travis is a good, good man.
Enough talk about barf. Enjoy the sweet pictures I snapped of our girls yesterday. No matter how much it sucks being sick, it sucks 10x more seeing your babies go through it. And it sucks 20x more when they don't know how to make it in the ice bucket. And it sucks 30x more when the next morning they keep pretending to make throw-up noises to re-inact last night... and every time I nearly jump out of my skin, rushing over there to shove the ice bucket under their chin. Paranoid much???







3 comments:
That last paragraph made me laugh SO hard! I'm the type that once I puke, I try to pretend/forget it EVER happened...YUCK! What a lovely hubby you have...mine runs for the hills at vomit, even when it's just normal baby spit up. Bless his heart :o) Hooray for move-in day!!!
We went to Dallas/Ft Worth this past weekend and had a throwing up incident with Andrew. No, you are not paranoid to shove buckets under their faces. Hannah dramatically yawned in the car and I took to continually asking Andrew if he needed to throw up. Finally, they informed me that I had the wrong kid and wondered why I was so paranoid.... Oh, one day they will figure it out :)
Oh, I forgot to mention...I love, love that bottom picture of your girls. That one is a keeper!!
Post a Comment