This moving gig has kicked my hiney (sp?). I believe it's been a lot harder in most every aspect than I imagined. It brings out the worst in me: my lack of patience; my introverted, I-don't-want-to-meet-any-new-people self; my critical, unthankful heart. Yes, I've seen the worst this past week and I'm not pretty. So, I've kinda been hiding out. I'm too darn exhausted every night to get on a computer. I'm usually trying to pep-talk myself into a good attitude. Or Trav and I are needing to work things out after the children fall asleep.
Travis and I hadn't been together for the 6 weeks leading up to the move. Preceding our separation (due to AF), he was working his bum off trying to out process and get things in line for our move. It was Christmas and the holidays and ... you get the picture, we hadn't seen much of each other in the past few months. Then, throw us in a car for 4 days, moving our life to a different state, catching the flu, living in a hotel for 5 days, moving in a house that was dirtier than appeared at first glance, a main water line backing up - causing overflowing toilets, non-draining tubs, and flooding carpets - and pregnant, hormonal me.... and you've got drama to the MAX! Through many, MANY days of tears, harbored emotions, talking, talking, TALKING through things, prayer, and more PRAYER... I finally feel like we're back on the same track. Of course, he goes back to work today, so we begin a new normal. But, what I'm getting at is... marriage is a lot of work. Good, hard work. Not meaningless work, but productive work. Sometimes, I wish there could be a lazy day. A time when work wasn't necessary. But, for us, if we want to stay close and together, we have to work hard at communicating, giving selflessly, and working for the good of the family. Marriage is sanctifying, for sure! And when it works, it's beautiful.
The children are all doing well. The girls love the new home. They've been awesome troopers, being toted all over town finding new spots and DMV's and doctors, etc. I'm very, very proud of their resiliency. The baby in the womb is a-growin' too. I'm almost 30 weeks and getting to that really uncomfortable point. EVERYONE tells me I'm having a boy, because I'm sticking straight out, but I think I stuck straight out with the girls too. I think I'm having a girl... we'll see in approximately 10 weeks! Names are non-existent for us. I've gained about 30 lbs. Right on track to keeping the same with my girls (gained 40 lbs with each girl). My exercising program has been NIL this round. Simply no time for that kind of luxury!! I found a new OB in the area and he has me scheduled for an ultrasound on the 19th. I'm scared I'll cave and find out the sex!! Convince me to stay strong til the end, folks!
Well, enough blither-blather. I'll be trying to be on here more. Know that the house is still a wreck in most rooms, I shower approximately every two to three days, I just YESTERDAY went grocery shopping for the first time, and bedtime is the sweetest hour of the day. One day life will feel back to normal, right???
Travis and I hadn't been together for the 6 weeks leading up to the move. Preceding our separation (due to AF), he was working his bum off trying to out process and get things in line for our move. It was Christmas and the holidays and ... you get the picture, we hadn't seen much of each other in the past few months. Then, throw us in a car for 4 days, moving our life to a different state, catching the flu, living in a hotel for 5 days, moving in a house that was dirtier than appeared at first glance, a main water line backing up - causing overflowing toilets, non-draining tubs, and flooding carpets - and pregnant, hormonal me.... and you've got drama to the MAX! Through many, MANY days of tears, harbored emotions, talking, talking, TALKING through things, prayer, and more PRAYER... I finally feel like we're back on the same track. Of course, he goes back to work today, so we begin a new normal. But, what I'm getting at is... marriage is a lot of work. Good, hard work. Not meaningless work, but productive work. Sometimes, I wish there could be a lazy day. A time when work wasn't necessary. But, for us, if we want to stay close and together, we have to work hard at communicating, giving selflessly, and working for the good of the family. Marriage is sanctifying, for sure! And when it works, it's beautiful.
The children are all doing well. The girls love the new home. They've been awesome troopers, being toted all over town finding new spots and DMV's and doctors, etc. I'm very, very proud of their resiliency. The baby in the womb is a-growin' too. I'm almost 30 weeks and getting to that really uncomfortable point. EVERYONE tells me I'm having a boy, because I'm sticking straight out, but I think I stuck straight out with the girls too. I think I'm having a girl... we'll see in approximately 10 weeks! Names are non-existent for us. I've gained about 30 lbs. Right on track to keeping the same with my girls (gained 40 lbs with each girl). My exercising program has been NIL this round. Simply no time for that kind of luxury!! I found a new OB in the area and he has me scheduled for an ultrasound on the 19th. I'm scared I'll cave and find out the sex!! Convince me to stay strong til the end, folks!
Well, enough blither-blather. I'll be trying to be on here more. Know that the house is still a wreck in most rooms, I shower approximately every two to three days, I just YESTERDAY went grocery shopping for the first time, and bedtime is the sweetest hour of the day. One day life will feel back to normal, right???




7 comments:
oh my angel, do you want some sees?
i'll send you some today!
No way dude! Give in! Find out the gender. Do it, do it, do it. :)
And I like u. And your honesty.
<3. I feel irritable/cranky and I don't have nearly that amount of stuff going on around me. Oye vay. I can't imagine. Praying for you and extra strength to endure it all. :)
Sorry you are having a difficult few days. Hope the transition goes better in the coming weeks and these hard days become a distant memory! I hope you are able to take some time and continue to venture out to your new "home."
Don't cave and find out the gender! I waited and it was SO worth it. Best surprise of my life to date!
STAY STRONG JENNY!!! Hearing Josh tell me that we had a little girl was SO amazing - a MILLION times better than some ultrasound tech. Plus it drove our families a bit crazy... ;-) You've already waited 30 weeks - don't cave in now!!
Remember to slow down, relax, and enjoy these last few months as a mama of 2. :-)
Jenny! You are soooo right!!! Marriage is a LOT OF HARD WORK. Good job to you two, doing the thing. Hang in there! I am with you on waiting for that "easy" day to arrive... :-) Oh, and that "new normal...?" Let's see... I've been waiting for that for over four months now! If you happen to achieve it, let me know so I can live vicariously through you!!!
DO NOT FIND OUT THE GENDER. I hope that helps.
Love to you and yours!
Been praying for you often! You always amaze me with what you're able to absorb with Travis in the AF and your honesty is so refreshing. You always crack me up too. Hang in there. Things will get normal again. Wish I could take you out for a cup of tea...someday :).
PS: Find out the sex...I mean, oops, did I say that? Ha ha ha!
Post a Comment