Thursday, May 9, 2013

sweetness

**First off, thank you for all your dear replies of prayer and encouragement on my last post.  I really like you guys.**


A couple of nights ago, Travis came home to find me... tired to the bone, waddling, and half bent over with back pain.  The girls were chattering like little squirrels and screams laughter erupted every few seconds.  He said, "I was thinking of taking them on a Daddy-daughter date Wednesday night."  I'm not sure if he truly was thinking this, or if one look at me and one soundbite from them clued him in to the fact that I would enjoy a Daddy-daughter date even more than they would.  Either way, he's a good man.


We told the girls what to look forward to on Wednesday night, and they were ELATED.  So... I decided to doctor it up a bit.  Bubble bath beforehand, painted nails, Sunday dresses, and even a little bit of Mama's blush.  It was pure sweetness to watch them and hear them gush about how they were "sooooooo excited" to be Daddy's date, to go someplace without Mama, to look beautiful for him.  Bella kept reminding me that I was to stay home, and not go with them.  At one point, I pouted a bit and made a sad face.  Summer, my ever-pleasing daughter quickly reassured me that, Okay, I could go with.  But Bella said firmly, "Well, Mama.  We love you.  But Summer and I really need some alone time with Daddy."


They both felt beautiful, special and I was very thankful for a man whom loves his daughters and takes time to be with them.  We've been realizing that Bella is a quality-time girl.  She's not huge on affection, but time spent with her = love.  So, of course, this was right up her alley.  And she couldn't stop flapping that tongue last night about every detail of their night.  Even when she got up in the middle of the night to potty, I checked on her and she began sharing more details.


And what did I do?  Well, I sat on my duff for about an hour and entertained my company: Peace and Quiet.  Then, I grabbed a soda (another indulgence).  And then, I cleaned.  Like really cleaned.  I'm not sure why that sounded so dreamy - to clean in silence without little hands undoing my work - but it did.  And I felt energized.  And smelling clean bathrooms, kitchen sinks, seeing clean floors and hearing the washer whirr did my pregnant, nesting heart good.


Thanks, babe, for the night out.  For all three of your girls.

9 comments:

Jon and Noonie Fugler said...

A memory that will last a lifetime!

rachieannie said...

So precious!

anna said...

Good man!!! And yeah...cleaning sounds divine to me too...well, and Lucky Charms, which I blame you for by the way. I'm sore, achy, and tired and THAT'S what I want to do??? Weird. Jason was going to leave town for the weekend but he chickened out. 2 people from work told him they had their first baby at 36 weeks and he's too afraid it would happen to me. ANYWAYS, I was really looking forward to deep, deep cleaning while he was gone. haha. Glad you got a break. This ends my long comment. :)

Kali said...

Sweetness is the perfect title for this - I love it! Your girls are just darling. Wish they could have double-dated with Caroline & Dan the other night! Our girls are so lucky to have such wonderful Daddies :)

Dana said...

Awwww - they both look so sweet! I also clean when I have alone time..and enjoy it...but don't tell my husband that! LOL!

Anonymous said...

That is precious! What a wonderful memory for your littles. :)

Julia said...

That last comment was me... accidentally clicked "anonymous"! oops!

Tim and Melissa McBee said...

So sweet, Jenny. Those pictures are priceless!!

Cassie said...

That's just darling.

data:newerpagetitle data:olderpagetitle data:homepageUrl
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...