Last night, after I finished feeding Rhett, Bella sat next to me, tenderly rubbing his fuzzy head.
"Mama? I love Rhett so much. I'm going to be such a good mama to him one day."
I look at her quizzically, wondering if she was serious. She was.
"Uh, you're not going to be his mama. I'm his mama. He's your brother," I corrected.
"Well, I mean, when I grow up, then I'll be his mama."
"Nooo, you're never going to be his mama. He's just your brother."
"Oh. Well, I'm going to be such a good mama when I have my own baby one day," she stated. "Hmmm... I wonder if I'll have a girl or boy! If I have a girl, I'll probably name her 'Bella,'" she dreamed.
"Really?" I laughed. "You think you'll name her your own name? Well, some people do that, I suppose."
"Well, I'm not going to be named Bella when I grow up to be a mama," she gestured to me as if that was the most obvious statement in the world.
"You're not?" I was confused. "What's your name going to be?"
"Jenny," she explained, with a silent 'duh' tacked on to the end. "Jenny Fugler will be my name."






6 comments:
1) I love Bella
2) I love your stinking awesome camera and lens. Seriously, amazing pics. :)
Ha! I love this! Reminds me of the time I saw my first grade teacher at the supermarket and was BLOWN AWAY that she didn't live at the school and only eat at the cafeteria.
Love her! Isaac keeps telling me about when he's a dad and how he's going to marry his mom. And by that he means his wife because when I've corrected him that he can't marry me he always responds "noooo, when I marry MY mom not you."
Sweetest conversation EVER. Love it.
Priceless, Jenny ... "and she kept their words in her heart"
Such a sweet and funny conversation!!! Great pictures too.
Post a Comment