Friday, July 19, 2013

B, S, & R


Bella: Well, my little girl is going to turn 5 in just over a month.  How crazy!!  She and Rhett really have bonded well, despite their initial meeting and every day, hundreds of times, she coos over him and proclaims her love for her "favorite brother."  And, he responds most to Bella.  Whenever she comes near, he lights up with a smile and coos right back.  I love these two.

We've decided to begin homeschooling Bella this year.  She missed the cutoff date for public Kindergarten by 3 days and well, I just feel like she needs some sort of schooling.  I am finding myself more and more passionate about teaching her, so this year we will embark on a trial run of homeschooling and see how it fits our family.  I ordered the curriculum and it just came in the mail.  Travis and I are working on turning our extra room/guest room into a school room.  We will begin in a month!!

She is just getting over her 5,210th (or something like that) ear infection.  The Dr. said it he couldn't find the tubes in her ears, so they might've fallen out which will more than likely mean another (her 3rd) set of tubes.  I've noticed her hearing decreasing over the past week and once the infection totally clears and tubes are put in, this should hopefully help.



Summer: Well, wouldn't you know it?  She's pooped on the pot for three days in a row now!  (And I'm sure she'll appreciate me proclaiming this news to the www, but after my last post, I just had to share!)  She's different than her older sister in nearly every way, and Travis and I are learning how to traverse the paths of "drastically different children under the same parenting" road.

She continues to be the goofy little girl we all love.  She naps well and eats like a bird, i.e. very little.  She LOVES stories and begs for us to tell her stories of when we ourselves were little children all day long.  She wants to be held, snuggled, loved on 24/7.  And of course, as we all know, she would eat that little brother of hers right up if we allowed her to.



Rhett: And this little darling has captured my heart in every which way.  He smiles all the time, especially when he sees one of his sisters or myself.  He loves to coo and simply is content to lie on the couch or sit in his bouncy and watch the household go about our business.  Currently, he is enamored with his fists.  He balls them up and waves them in front of his face, all the while cooing away at those curious things!


As of today, he is 8 weeks old and sleeping well.  I put him down around 7:30 or 8 p.m.  He'll wake to eat around 10, but is still mostly asleep while I feed him, and I'm feeling he's going to drop that feeding soon.  Then, he'll go right back down until 4:30 or 5 a.m.  After that feeding, he'll sleep til 7:30 or so.  I can't complain, no siree.

Travis and I were just whispering last night in bed, after we put him down, that we feel like he's always been a part of the family.  So beautiful and strange how that is: before your child comes into the world, you can feel like you just can't imagine anything being different, and yet, once they come, they feel like they've always belonged.


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can you share which curriculum are you planning to use?

Vicki said...

If I could recommend a book to you as you embark on the homeschool journey. It may not suit you, but with how you love to read and the way you live life with your kids, I think you'll be really inspired.
http://www.amazon.com/Childrens-Sake-Foundations-Education-School/dp/1433506955/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1374367074&sr=1-1&keywords=for+the+children%27s+sake

jenny said...

For this year, we're keeping it simple with school: just reading, writing & arithmetic. Once a week, we're involved with a program called Classical Conversations. So for math, we're using Saxon. For reading, I'm borrowing a book from the library called The Writing Road to Reading. And for writing we're using a workbook called Prescripts from the Classical Conversations website.
And thanks, Vicki, for the recommendation. I'll take a look!

Betsy said...

This is such a sweet post:) I really feel caught up with the Fuglers:) yay!

Betsy said...

This is such a sweet post:) I really feel caught up with the Fuglers:) yay!

Amanda B. said...

Yay Summer! What an accomplishment! I'm going to start some schooling with Isaac too once we get settled into MN. I think we're going with Veritas Press' program which is classical schooling as well. I can't believe she misses the cut off by only 3 days. Sheesh! I hope you enjoy schooling her. She's such a smart little girly I'm sure she'll be running circles around you.

data:newerpagetitle data:olderpagetitle data:homepageUrl
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...