Saturday, July 27, 2013

It's Summer time!! {on a Friday evening}

Part of our backyard

It's summertime.  In Florida.  So far this season, I've been putting to practice my "no complaining" rule.  I've failed miserably at times, but honestly, I'm trying not to whine.  Summertime in Florida is, well... miserable.  The humidity is oppressive.  And I've lived in humidity for the last 10 years of my life, so don't go thinking I'm comparing this to California's idyllic beachy air!!  I've lived in Minnesota, Mississippi, Oklahoma, Alabama, and Kansas during the past summers and let me tell you: they're hot and humid!!!  But Florida humidity??  Blows those states out of the water.  And then there's the bugs... and I'm sure you've all heard me scratching my 40+ mosquito bites clear around the world.  Toads, roaches, mosquitoes... well, this state is one heck of a state in the summertime.

Yet, you know what?  People love it here!  They really, really do.  Especially if it's home.  So, I choose to look at it through their eyes.  And I keep chanting to myself that I will LOOOOOVE it here come October/November - March/April.  Keep yer chin up, Jenny girl!

Our one redeeming thing about our Florida summer??  Our backyard pool.  We live in that thing.  The girls have quickly become little fishies, and while I haven't been able to do my due time (having a young baby that needs tending, etc) yet, I know I'll have my turn in course.  Travis is their playmate and those three can often be heard romping around back there.  The girls and Trav had a late night swim (from 7-8:30 p.m.) last night.  Rhett was in bed and I took the opportunity to catch up with some of my photography.  Still much to learn, but practice makes perfect and I enjoyed shooting on manual setting.  Summer was my most willing participant, so without further ado...

:::Summer time on a Friday evening:::




She was quite tuckered out at this point and quite ready for bed.
Still, the tummy requested a picture of its own.

Thumby wrinkles
Post script: I had a terrible dream last night that Summer was hit by a drunk driver in our driveway.  I was in hysterics in my dream and woke up with tears streaming down my face.  Aren't those just the worst dreams?  Had to snuggle my girl extra tight this morning as she squeezed in bed next to me.  So thankful for life.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Gah. Right before Jack was born I had a dream that he died at birth. Nobody was telling me if he made it or not and then my dad finally broke down in tears and told me that Jack had died. I woke up totally crying out loud and in hysterics. Worst way to wake up ever. And poor Jason. haha. Anyways, your photo skills are muy bueno. And that subject of yours is pretty darn cute too. <3

Ana Oh said...

Gorgeous photos Jenny! Good job on the manual setting.
I had a dream just the other night that I was getting kidnapped with Eli and my husband was being killed behind me. What the, what?! I woke up hyperventilating.

data:newerpagetitle data:olderpagetitle data:homepageUrl
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...