Thursday, July 11, 2013

stuff I've read

Thought I'd compile a teeny tiny list of some things I've read lately, that I deem "pass-along" worthy:


  • "My uterus.  My business."  Elizabeth shares how asking a woman, "When're you having another baby?" is such a loaded question.  And while I've never dealt with infertility or health issues related to bearing children, I have many MANY friends who have and, through their journey, have learned to have a sensitive heart towards questions of such a nature.  I deem this post worth your while.
  • You may have seen this spoken poem floating around.  It's titled "Embarrassed" and was written by a woman who was stuck on a public toilet's seat, after her just-nursed baby fell asleep.  I applaud her words.

  • I don't really read much anymore... but I came across this site that lists 14 books to read before they hit the Big Screen.  I'm not sure how great all the books are, but some of them looked enticing.  And you know how I'm such a "book trumps movie" gal...
  • And just because I'm not allowed to have sugar (imposed by myself) and all I can think about are desserts and sodas (grrr...), here is a recipe you have got to try.  If you like sugar cookies and frosting and that sort of deal.  So so yummy.

7 comments:

Sarah Helfinstine said...

I've written many posts like the first one you link to, but always delete them or can't quite bring myself to hit the publish button...questions about having kids are so much more complicated than people think.
Also...those bars look amazing!!!

Emily Takes Photos said...

That poem is FANTASTIC! Thank you for sharing it!

Unknown said...

That's funny because I decided to never ask a woman that I didn't know REALLY well about the when's and how many's of childbearing. You just never know what's going on and I don't want to be that person who picks at a wound if she's having trouble getting pregnant and etc. Now I'm going to go read that poem :)

anna said...

Ah poop. That's was me...not Jason. Obvs. :)

LBeck said...

Wow that ladies poem pretty powerful. Excellent.

liz | carpe season said...

Great links; glad that you liked the poem. I've probably listened to it 5 times in the last couple days. So good, through and through.

Kali said...

Okay, the sugar cookie bars...I have to go make them right now. And will most likely consume the whole pan myself. Forget about dinner! I'll just try not to think about several months from now when I will be wishing I hadn't :-)

data:newerpagetitle data:olderpagetitle data:homepageUrl
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...