Tuesday, July 9, 2013

life in general

Soooo... how've ya been?  Busy?  Yes, me too.

I often feel like a whirling dervish, spinning from this thing to the next: getting the baby fed, clothing the girls, reprimanding and refereeing, folding laundry, unloading the dishwasher, texting friends cuz there's no quiet moments to talk, picking up toys, burping the baby, breathing deeply when one goes down for a nap, serving dinner, wiping bums, cleaning hands, kissing little lips goodnight, feeding baby... kissing Travis goodnight.  Lights out.

It really is full - life with three children.  I remember thinking when Bella was an infant that these days go by so slowly and are almost boring.  Now, I love the immobility, the silence, the clocklike schedule Rhett's on.  It makes the transition a tad simpler.


A few things we've been up to:

- The girls are in swimming lessons.  The one "activity" we're doing this summer.  Bella's a pro and Summer hates it.

- I'm starting to exercise (whatever that looks like at home with three kids in tow) again and am banning sugar/soda from my diet for a month.  I am only allowed to eat fruits and veggies for snacks, as well.  It's depressing how often I'm thinking of junk food and how hungry I am.  I WANT A CHEESEBURGER AND SHAKE!!


- The girls and I are currently working on memorizing Romans 12:9-15.  Their little voices reciting it in the morning warms my heart.

- Rhett is shifting every other night from giving me 4-hr stretches to 7-hour stretches.  I'm not sure what prompts one or the other, but I sure would like more of those 7-hour nights.


- We've been meeting more and more friends that we enjoy.  Moving sure does crack my foundation of security.  Being new and not having a good group of homies to chill with is one of the most lonely feelings.  Friendships are being created and will hopefully deepen.  This feels good.

- When I'm not tending to the home/children, I am working on little projects around the home.  Right now, I'm trying to get curtains made for the girls' bedroom.  Next, the laundry/sewing room WILL be organized and conquered!!

- We enjoyed our 4-day weekend with Travis home.  The weather wasn't too stifling/humid/wet one day and we ventured out to the beach.  It was glorious.  We all went sans sunscreen to get some vitamin D in our skin.  I made no color progression.  Bella got browner.  Summer's hair turned whiter and her skin more copper.  And Travis looks like a lobster.  Whoops!


That's all for now, folks!  Thanks for stopping by...

1 comment:

anna said...

7 hours?!? Oh, that sounds like bliss. :) Jack is moving toward 4 hours here and there. Never thought I'd be so excited to get a 4 hour stretch of sleep. Oye. I was just thinking today that life with an infant can be a little boring ;) I can't imagine what it would be like to have MORE children to take care of! Good job mama. <3

data:newerpagetitle data:olderpagetitle data:homepageUrl
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...