Wednesday, October 23, 2013

our newest members

How did I completely forget to mention our newest members of the family in my previous post???

Well, allow me to introduce:

Smidge and Velvet

Last Monday, on Columbus Day, Trav and I decided (via a series of events) that we would surprise the girls by adopting two kitties.  I was a little more hesitant than Trav was, but so far, it's been a pretty good experience.  Although having pets includes more for me to take care of, clean up after, etc., the real joy came from seeing the girls' ELATION and absolute ADORATION of these animals.


We met the man that was giving us his kitties in the IKEA parking lot.
While Trav talked logistics, the girls fawned over the kitties in the back of the truck.

Then, we relayed to them that we got to bring the kitties home to be our pets.
O!!  THE JOY!!!!!



Bella, especially, has wanted a pet for sooooo long.
She kept hugging me tightly, twirling around and exclaiming, 
"I finally get my very own pet!!"

And then, she burst into tears.
Genuine happiness.


These cats weren't wanted because they are black (weird, right?).
But here?  They are adored, fawned over, the very center of attention.

And, they have been the sweetest kitties I've ever had.
Absolutely so compliant and love to snuggle with the girls.

Velvet is Bella's (the one snuggled to her) and Smidge is Summer's.
Smidge is a bit more fiesty, but still so sweet.


Animals, while a lot of work and extra expenses, 
really are so dear to have around.

And I know not everyone is a cat person, but they are so easier than dogs right now.
These cats have been a joy.

Welcome, Velvet and Smidge!!

4 comments:

Emily Takes Photos said...

I just teared up at the picture of Bella tearing up. It's such a sweet feeling, I remember I cried so many happy tears when we brought home our dog a couple years ago. Pets really are such a joy! I'm so happy for you guys and excited to hear the adventures the girls have with their kitties!

Julia said...

This is so cute! I remember when I was little and my family got our first pet. I thought I would die of happiness. It looks like your girlies felt the same. :)

Anonymous said...

I had a cat named Oreo that was "mine" and she looked just like Velvet and Smidge :) and I still remember getting her and being SO excited! I love that they let the girls love on them. I know that is so rare in a cat. So fun!

The Scott Family said...

Bella wiping her eyes...oh, the sweetness! Joy on the face of a child is worth more than just about anything!

data:newerpagetitle data:olderpagetitle data:homepageUrl
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...