Yesterday, Bella went missing. It was rather quiet in the back of the house, and when I called her, I heard a guilty, "COMING, MOM!!!"
"What were you up to?" came out of my mouth, but I already knew by the powerful smell of Anna Sui's "Flight of Fancy" perfume about her.
"Wellllll, I was just trying to open up your perfume so I could smell it... and it spilled.... BUTIWASGOINGTOCLEANITUP!!!"
It had been a long day. A long week. I kinda wanted to scream and throw something. But, I was nursing a baby & Summer was drawing on Smidge's face with a pencil... so I took a deep breath, told her to go clean up the mess and please, NEVER touch my stuff without asking.
As she walked down the hall, I heard her mumble (she talks to herself a LOT), "I made a mistake, but at least I smell good."
And then, after Rhett was done nursing, I went back there to see howbig the damage was she had cleaned up. I heard her talking to herself (see?) in her room. It went something like this:
"And then Daddy will come home and he'll say, 'It's okay you spilled the perfume, Bella, because you smell good. So SO GOOD. I'm very PROUD of you!' And then I'll say, 'No Daddy, you can't be proud of me, even though I smell so good, because Mama said, "Never, EVER touch my stuff AGAIN."'"
Yes, my daughter. She's exasperating, hilarious, infuriating, a genius.
"What were you up to?" came out of my mouth, but I already knew by the powerful smell of Anna Sui's "Flight of Fancy" perfume about her.
"Wellllll, I was just trying to open up your perfume so I could smell it... and it spilled.... BUTIWASGOINGTOCLEANITUP!!!"
It had been a long day. A long week. I kinda wanted to scream and throw something. But, I was nursing a baby & Summer was drawing on Smidge's face with a pencil... so I took a deep breath, told her to go clean up the mess and please, NEVER touch my stuff without asking.
As she walked down the hall, I heard her mumble (she talks to herself a LOT), "I made a mistake, but at least I smell good."
And then, after Rhett was done nursing, I went back there to see how
"And then Daddy will come home and he'll say, 'It's okay you spilled the perfume, Bella, because you smell good. So SO GOOD. I'm very PROUD of you!' And then I'll say, 'No Daddy, you can't be proud of me, even though I smell so good, because Mama said, "Never, EVER touch my stuff AGAIN."'"
Yes, my daughter. She's exasperating, hilarious, infuriating, a genius.
+++++++++
My mom sent me this necklace in the mail. Have you seen them? Excellent teething necklaces! Rhett loves his, thus I wear it often.
While we were at the dentist yesterday, Summer told the dentist, "That's my mama's necklace. She wears it and Rhett likes to chew on it. He chews on it when he's not sucking on my mama's booby."
Thaaaaanks for the mental image, Sums.
++++++++++
At lunch, the girls were eating and I was nursing Rhett on the couch. For some reason, my girls yaw all day about how HUNGRY they are. I limit their snacking... like major. I serve them a well-rounded, full meal and what do they do? Yack and yack and yack and play and play and play ... and it takes FOR.EV.ER for them to finish. Me no comprendo.
Anyways, as I sit nursing the baby, I beg them (for the 11th time) to quit talking and finish their SANDWICH. Because... it's almost nap time. "My favorite part of the day," I tack on to the end of my plea.
"NAPTIME IS YOUR FAVORITE?!?!" Bella exclaims incredulously. "Not mine!!"
"Well, what's yours, little girl?"
"Hmm... my first favorite is the time when Daddy comes home. Then, my second favorite is when he likes to give us plenty of candy and ice cream (??). And my third favorite is when I can ride my bike with Daddy."
In case you missed that:
Daddy = WIN WIN WIN
Always.
Forever.
No questions.





2 comments:
Is Bella seriously a genius?? Cute kiddos, funny stories.
This post is a snapshot of motherhood, for sure. And it always amazes me, after all we moms go through that dad still wins the prize every time. Lucky them.
Post a Comment