Friday, December 27, 2013

end of the year

Grandma and Grandpa have been visiting for the last week... and they leave tomorrow (insert sad face here).  It's been so good for my homesick soul to have them here.  They came when Travis had been out of town for eight days, my home was a mess, dishes were in the sink, kids were in the bathtub, baby was being nursed, and I hadn't showered.  Swooping in, they loved my children and me, they did my dishes, they were our Christmas gift.

Here are a few pictures from the last week.  I'll miss them greatly.  When will we ever get to live near family???

 We went to the beach Christmas Eve.  It was simply gorgeous.



Sooo... I think Rhett resembles Grandma... a LOT.
She thinks he's the second-coming of Travis.

Either way, he's definitely a Fugler and a doll.
Here's his gummy smile we all know and love.



Grandma and Grandpa are dog people.
But they've been very accommodating with Smidge and Velvet.
Which is so good for my girls' cat-lovers hearts... 

I sat with the kids in Rhett's room this afternoon while everyone 
else was busy elsewhere.  
I loved watching them.... and marveled over the fact that I have
THREE kids.


Now, family leaves and the new year is pending.
This new year brings a long deployment.
I am trying not to dread, but to hope in Psalm 121:1-2

"I lift my eyes toward the mountains.
Where will my help come from?
My help comes from the Lord,
the Maker of heaven and earth."

2 comments:

Kim said...

Jenny, I so love reading your posts and keeping up with you and Travis and your precious trio. I got sad for you when I read about your upcoming long deployment and like you, I love Psalm 121. Those have been go to verses for quite some time for me.

Janet said...

ok Jen,
when the time comes, lets do another chapter of verses. My favorite thing to do with you.

data:newerpagetitle data:olderpagetitle data:homepageUrl
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...