Hey all! (See? I'm not completely gone!) In case you didn't read through my long-no-pictures post, I'm going to be dwindling my time on this blog for the year, and focusing on posting a photo-a-day on my NEW BLOG.
Why a new blog?? Why not just post here??
Well, I wanted a place to keep my photography "organized." A place dedicated to that. I want to still keep this blog... well, familial. And for thought provoking posts (however few and far between those have grown). And for stories about my kids and their obsession with potty talk.
What? Your kids aren't drawn to potty talk like moth to a flame as are mine?? *gasp!*
MY.GOODNESS. My girls think poop, bum, pee pee, boogers are the funniest words known to mankind and it's like pulling teeth (or soaping their mouths) getting them to stop. It's a fine line they draw with how they choose to use it (cunning little folk, they are!). Just had to share two examples from our Summer girl:
We had an adult friend over yesterday. When the girls entered the room, they weren't very polite and rather than addressing an adult the way we taught them, they briskly said a shy, "Hi," and ran out of the room. So, after he left, as we were eating dinner, we went over our manners in how to address adults. Do we say, "Hi," in a mumbled, shy voice? Noooo, we look them in the eye and say, "Hello, Mr. _____." Right? Good... (we practice...etc.).
Then Summer pipes up, "Ya! We say, 'Hi, Mr. Perry!' It would be SO RUDE if we said, 'Hi, Mr. Poo Poo!!'" Bella laughed so hard she almost choked. And there went our dinner conversation.
"When did I say potty talk?" I asked, bewildered.
"You did! When you said, 'Sleep in heavenly pee.'"
Why a new blog?? Why not just post here??
Well, I wanted a place to keep my photography "organized." A place dedicated to that. I want to still keep this blog... well, familial. And for thought provoking posts (however few and far between those have grown). And for stories about my kids and their obsession with potty talk.
What? Your kids aren't drawn to potty talk like moth to a flame as are mine?? *gasp!*
MY.GOODNESS. My girls think poop, bum, pee pee, boogers are the funniest words known to mankind and it's like pulling teeth (or soaping their mouths) getting them to stop. It's a fine line they draw with how they choose to use it (cunning little folk, they are!). Just had to share two examples from our Summer girl:
We had an adult friend over yesterday. When the girls entered the room, they weren't very polite and rather than addressing an adult the way we taught them, they briskly said a shy, "Hi," and ran out of the room. So, after he left, as we were eating dinner, we went over our manners in how to address adults. Do we say, "Hi," in a mumbled, shy voice? Noooo, we look them in the eye and say, "Hello, Mr. _____." Right? Good... (we practice...etc.).
Then Summer pipes up, "Ya! We say, 'Hi, Mr. Perry!' It would be SO RUDE if we said, 'Hi, Mr. Poo Poo!!'" Bella laughed so hard she almost choked. And there went our dinner conversation.
*****
Again, sometime around Christmas, we were all singing, 'Silent Night' together. After we finished, Summer (rather wide-eyed) looked very seriously at me and said, "Mama? You all (waving an accusing finger) said potty-talk.... but that's okay. Sometimes it's funny to say potty-talk.""When did I say potty talk?" I asked, bewildered.
"You did! When you said, 'Sleep in heavenly pee.'"
*****
So yes, these kind of stories will be kept to the confines of this space.
And more every day pictures and quick snippets on the NEW BLOG.
And of course, as always, thanks for reading, dear friends.






2 comments:
Kids are a riot! So hard not to laugh along with them at times. I have two boys and are very familiar with the potty talk. What worked for us was to tell them they can only say those words in the bathroom/potty. One day when I was overwhelmed/sleep-deprived, my son was potty training and belted out his new song...."Poopy poopy butt butt..." at the top of his lungs. I got frustrated and reminded him of the rules and he said "But I am in the bathroom." I looked around and said "Oh you are right. Have at it!"
Haha Jenny! Gotta love it! Why is potty talk so funny to our little chitlins??? My goodness! The Hasson troupe is right there with your kiddos, unfortunately. :/
Post a Comment