Life is speeding on by in these parts of the woods. Really, it just feels like it goes by faster than it ever has before. Something about having three younguns and a husband leaving soon on a deployment and life, etc.
Anyways, Bella is growing into such a young girl. Funny thing about having kids grow up: personalities change and the little tikes you thought you knew and understood so well (ha!) transform and wa-LA! You're thrown into a new phase! Luckily, Bella is entering such a lovely phase. One where her heart is transforming into a more helpful, others-oriented one. She listens and responds more readily and is quite pleasant and helpful to have around. Now, my sweet Summy-Sue, on the other hand.... well, that's another story for another day.
One thing that I guess will never change (at least any time soon) with my Bells is her curious mind. She is CONSTANTLY asking questions. All day long. I am not exaggerating. It can get on my nerves, to be honest, but I do love it about her. I decided to count how many "Why" or "What" questions she asked me a few days ago, just to give Trav a number. I gave up counting at about 11 a.m. when she had reached the 70's.
We were headed to a dr's appointment yesterday, and of course, she was on her tirade of questions about everything that passed outside her car window.
"Why do YOU ask so many questions, little Miss??" I asked playfully.
She giggled and said, "That's just the way God made me, I guess! I want ANSWERS!! I can't help but want more and more answers to everything!! .... Mama, why do I want answers??"
I laughed and said I didn't know.
A few minutes later, "Mama? You want to know something? God made me specialer and different than He made anyone! He did something different when He made me that is like no one else! You want to know what it is?"
"Why, yes I do," I responded.
"When you tell me something, my brain just repeats it! Whenever I hear something, I just hear my brain record it ... and then I can repeat it to myself over and over and over. And I can always hear your voice!"
Again, I laughed, "I believe that, Bella Boo. You're always repeating things! You do have a very good little memory."
"Yep, God just made me special that way."
"Yes," I agreed. "God makes every person unique and just the way He wants them to be. He never makes mistakes."
"Hmmm... I wonder how He does that? How DOES He make people, Mama?"
"Well.... He takes a piece of their Daddy and a piece of their Mama and then makes a whole new person in the Mama's belly."
"Wow! So, like, He took part of your arm (of course, when you weren't looking, right Mama?) and part of Daddy too... and wa-LA! Made a person! That's cool."
Ahhh.... this girl. These conversations are such a source of joy for me. Bella at five years.
Anyways, Bella is growing into such a young girl. Funny thing about having kids grow up: personalities change and the little tikes you thought you knew and understood so well (ha!) transform and wa-LA! You're thrown into a new phase! Luckily, Bella is entering such a lovely phase. One where her heart is transforming into a more helpful, others-oriented one. She listens and responds more readily and is quite pleasant and helpful to have around. Now, my sweet Summy-Sue, on the other hand.... well, that's another story for another day.
One thing that I guess will never change (at least any time soon) with my Bells is her curious mind. She is CONSTANTLY asking questions. All day long. I am not exaggerating. It can get on my nerves, to be honest, but I do love it about her. I decided to count how many "Why" or "What" questions she asked me a few days ago, just to give Trav a number. I gave up counting at about 11 a.m. when she had reached the 70's.
We were headed to a dr's appointment yesterday, and of course, she was on her tirade of questions about everything that passed outside her car window.
"Why do YOU ask so many questions, little Miss??" I asked playfully.
She giggled and said, "That's just the way God made me, I guess! I want ANSWERS!! I can't help but want more and more answers to everything!! .... Mama, why do I want answers??"
I laughed and said I didn't know.
A few minutes later, "Mama? You want to know something? God made me specialer and different than He made anyone! He did something different when He made me that is like no one else! You want to know what it is?"
"Why, yes I do," I responded.
"When you tell me something, my brain just repeats it! Whenever I hear something, I just hear my brain record it ... and then I can repeat it to myself over and over and over. And I can always hear your voice!"
Again, I laughed, "I believe that, Bella Boo. You're always repeating things! You do have a very good little memory."
"Yep, God just made me special that way."
"Yes," I agreed. "God makes every person unique and just the way He wants them to be. He never makes mistakes."
"Hmmm... I wonder how He does that? How DOES He make people, Mama?"
"Well.... He takes a piece of their Daddy and a piece of their Mama and then makes a whole new person in the Mama's belly."
"Wow! So, like, He took part of your arm (of course, when you weren't looking, right Mama?) and part of Daddy too... and wa-LA! Made a person! That's cool."
Ahhh.... this girl. These conversations are such a source of joy for me. Bella at five years.






5 comments:
Oh my goodness, she is so special! I always love reading the Bella quotes. That girl is going to change the world. These blog posts will be absolutely priceless for her (and you also, of course) to read back on some day.
- Sarah
I love her more with every passing post. I could just eat her up! She is an absolute doll.
Oh, I just love her! She's going to love reading these stories when she's older. I'll be praying for y'all over Travis' deployment.
She is indeed a very special girl. Such a mind and heart!!
Jenny, you are in my heart and prayers right now. AND, that first picture in this post looks like Shirley Temple!!! GAH! Bella is such a precious, special girl! It speaks volumes about your teaching that she knows how special she is to God. Good job, momma!!!
Post a Comment