The Lord provided a fun, good weekend for us, surrounding us with friends and family and encouraging comments all along the way. One of Travis' best friends, David Chambers, came to visit and they had a blast. It was good to see Travis forget about the assignment and pilot training for awhile and just "play". David, Travis, Tommy, & Aaron Kiser were inseparable the whole weekend long. Filled with racquetball, tennis, golf, Frisbee golf, and board games, this weekend was full of friendly competition and laughter (and a lot of cooking on my part!). This picture is when we drove out to a state park where we barbecued and played some Frisbee golf. My friend, Amanda, came and we knitted our elephants together.God has been helping our attitudes towards our assignment. It's going to be challenging in certain areas, but we are even getting kinda excited to move on, hopefully rent/buy a house (depends on prices in the area), and see what He has in store for us in Wichita. Kansas is in the middle of the ConUS, so everywhere is not too far away, right?
I finally finished my little knitted friends. They are adorable, if I do say so myself! The
bunny will be for Suzannah and the elephant for Charlotte. I used a size 5 needle on the elephant (instead of a size 6) so that is why she is a little smaller. I'm so excited to give them to the girls... they will love them! Christmas seems so far away! I think I will make some more for my two cousins that are pregnant, too!
bunny will be for Suzannah and the elephant for Charlotte. I used a size 5 needle on the elephant (instead of a size 6) so that is why she is a little smaller. I'm so excited to give them to the girls... they will love them! Christmas seems so far away! I think I will make some more for my two cousins that are pregnant, too!Did y'all have a good weekend, too? I sure hope so! Oh, and I just listened to this great sermon by John Piper while I was finishing up Charlotte's elephant. I remember hearing it while in college, so I looked it up to listen to again and yes, it was just as wonderful. I encourage you, if you get some time, to sit, listen, and be encouraged by the Word.




7 comments:
jen - i love those animals! i know the girls will too. YOu are such a good auntie. glad you had fun with dave. thanks for the picture, it was good to see him againl. :)
Jenny-We are awaiting God's hand to move us on as well. We have been praying about Colorado or Idaho and the door "appears" to be opening for Clovis (close to Fresno) or San Bernardino (you have family there, so you know what that's like!) That being said, those would not be our first choices either... Thanks for your genuine expressions and words and I leave you with this verse that gets me through these times:
Isaiah 30:18 Yet the LORD longs to be gracious to you; he rises to show you compassion. For the LORD is a God of justice. Blessed are all who wait for him!
He does want to bless us and give us good things--His least for us is still far better than OUR best plans. We look forward to hearing how God makes Kansas beautiful in His time!
Thank you Katie... what is your blog? Can I view it??
so great to hear you guys are settling into this next step in God's plan. i'm sure having friends and family around is one way God wanted to encourage you guys!! He's in every detail of our lives!
okay, i'm in love with your little knitted friends! i would absolutely love to bring one to our little Amanda when we go get her!! how much would it cost to have you make one for her??? (i can't knit!)
I love your animals! They look just perfect! Oh how I long for the day when I can knit with such proficiency. Your nieces will be so blessed by them!
Also, I was so touched by your post over the weekend about your new assignment. Your maturity and authenticity is both inspiring and challenging to me and I appreciate you! Much love!
jenny, thanks so much!! you are so sweet! i'd love the elephant! no hurry because we wouldn't be going to guatemala until the beg. of the year at the earliest (i think).
:)
jenny--i think i met you once, but i know you are! your knitted animals are so adorable--what lucky nieces to receive them.
Post a Comment