Okay, so I knew labor was going to be hard and hellish, and I even knew that pregnancy was not the most comfortable experience to be had, but I've never really heard complaints about the recovery period!! Oh my word... I've been struggling through these past 5 days just to sit, walk, lie down. Giving birth is not for the faint of heart, that's for sure. I can get so emotional, because I guess I just imagined bouncing back to my old, pre-preggo self after little Bella came, and now I feel worse off than before! I know the day will come when life will seem "normal" again, but when??
Life has been slow and fast lately. The days go by in three hour increments and yet all we seem to be doing is lounging around the house. I'm enjoying my time with Mom, Travis and Bella, though... and life is good. I feel so behind on y'all's life, I haven't really sat down at the computer for long bouts of time like I've been used to!
And because I know you all want more pics, here are some recents shots of life...









23 comments:
Oh Jenny, you are scaring me. I think my baby is going to be delivered by a stork ;). You look wonderful and Bella is BEAUTIFUL. I definatly see you in her. I'm sure you will bounce back in no time. We are still praying for your new little family. Congrats again.
You may not feel so good, but at least you LOOK great. Based on that picture, you're looking like a hot mommy already. And I know you are! Bella is precious. She's gorgeous. I'm so happy for you!
oh, she is precious!!!! i think she looks like you.
yeah, i was shocked by the "recovery" process and time after giving birth as well. not so pleasant at all!! it is a pretty slow process. i usually don't feel like exercising (even walking) until about 8 weeks after. that's when i finally feel like i'm getting energy back.
she is precious. and that's true, nobody ever tells you that part. I've tried to get people to tell me but they never do so thanks :)
It does get better. I promise! otherwise, none of us would have more than one child! :)
You look beautiful, and your baby girl is so adorable. I just want to squeeze her cheeks and inhale her sweet baby scent! OK, I better stop, or I'm going to want another one!
i'm with penny--seeing sweet little bella makes me want another baby. unlike kristen borland though, it takes me about 4-5 months to feel normal.(I should point out that i'm kind of lazy though :) enjoy the time of recovery and newness--it goes by so fast.
Oh, she is so sweet! So perfect. Yummy pictures!!! I could gush all night about this darling, darling girl. I've always loved the name you picked for her, but now that I've seen her, I feel it suits her all the more. That cute little face could only be a Bella! What a work of art.
You'll feel better soon. Get as much rest as you can, but get out too. The fresh air feels great, and it's so much fun seeing them in their strollers. Put your feet up when you can. I don't know for sure, but maybe the fast labor is making you feel more bruised? Your body may still feel like it's trying to catch up. Did the hospital send you home with those lovely ice packs? Those are a wonderful invention.
I know what you mean about the recovery period. I didn't know it was going to be so bad either! I was extremely sore and still fat looking for a long time! No one ever told me it would take that long either. I think it took me at least 4 weeks to feel almost "normal" again. I'm just now (almost 7 weeks) starting to feel really normal because I can go for runs now!
Bella is the sweetest thing! She is so beautiful and tiny!!!! They grow incredibly fast, so enjoy every single moment!
congratulations on bella! i'm glad you guys seem to be adjusting well. good luck with your recovery...it'll be over soon! we're so happy for you!
Ok, so now she has less of the brand new new-born look. For whatever reason I feel like almost every newborn (fresh out of the womb) looks the same. It's more after a few days where they starting looking more unique. AND she TOTALLY looks like her mama! She's gorgeous!
I wonder too if you're a little more sore than the average person becuase she got stuck. That's gotta be hard on the body!!! Holy cow! I mean I'm still super sore from wakeboarding 3 days ago...you just birthed a HUMAN! That's gotta leave some long term soreness! :-) haha!
She is just the sweetest little girl! I could just put her in my pocket!
I will be praying for your nether-regions my friend and I hope it will heal very soon!! :)
As an afterthought.....if everyone experiences discomfort as you and many of the commenters have.....how do women manage to have babies 10 months apart??? Ouchies!
look at those sweet little cheeks!!! so cute!
Hope you feel better sooner rather than later!
It takes awhile to get back to feeling "normal" again. But you will be back before you know it. And as time passes you will forget how much pain you were in and will be ready to go through it again. Funny how mother nature works. Bella is really beautiful. Enjoy these days, as they grow so fast.
Dee Ann
In Kansas
AWWWW! I'm so glad to see her face to face here. A BEAUTY indeed. Praise God for you and Trav and your baby Bella.
Hmmm. I had Liz on a Thursday and was in church that weekend and Danielle was born on a Friday and I was in church that weekend, too. God blessed me. I would have had more, but the two I had took it out of me later on. :)
Well, congratulations to you and your families. Love you much.
Jenny, she is absolutely BEAUTIFUL! Congratulations to you and Travis!! I'm excited to watch her grow from afar (thanks to the blog world!) :-)
She's gorgeous Jenny and Travis!! Jenny-give it a couple of weeks, you'll be feeling better! I can't wait to be able to start working out! I know how you feel though, if you need someone to talk to about post-prego...I'm just a few weeks ahead of you so I would love to talk!
Manning Fam
!!t is rough...and I know I probably complained alot about it to you!!!I didn't feel myself until 6 weeks when I finally could beat Jason at tennis again:) O Jenny, time will fly, just focus on Bella...you're sore because of her, remember, and she is the greatest gift of all!
Jenny,
You look so lovely! Im so happy that you were spoiled for your birthday!
I think the recovery period is different for everyone, for me it was just amazing to not be sick everyday, so I didnt mind the episotomy healing process as much.
Your little one is so precious I cant wait to hold her, Aria was totally enamored with Bella's pictures she kept pointing at them and making sweet noises. and yes, she pointed at trav and called him Da da.
Liv
Hi Jenny, I don't know if you remember me or not, but I am in a bible study of a few girls, who do know you and they directed me to your blog. Anyway...way back when in Columbus, you came out to my house in the country and bought a vacuum cleaner from me! I just wanted to extend my congrats to you and your husband on your beautiful little girl. Good luck!
Take it easy, enjoy your time home with Bella- who is just precious, btw!
after david was born i had no pain for about 3-4 days. i think i was in shock or something. when the pain kicked in i was a wreck. i remember being in the hospital with david and vascilating between nausea and being about to faint. i kept asking for an epidural (the first one was wonderful!). hang in there. bella is beautiful. her cleft lip gives her such a unique and sweet look and adds to her beauty. thanks for letting us get to know her a bit. hugs!!
Jenny,
What a little masterpiece your Bella June is! The journey she will take in life will be a wonderful one for you and Travis to share. When I think of the legacy of faith that she already has in her parents and both sets of grandees, it looks something like the first chapter of Matthew. What fun you will have and what lessons you will all learn from each other. Those that you will come in contact with due to her cleft lip will never be the same because of the impact you will all have on them. Isn't God good to allow us to touch others?
bella is so beautiful (is that too repetitive?) ... i am so happy for you guys it makes me emotional, too. :) i know that you will get feeling better soon. . . hang in there. i will be praying for your recovery and that somehow you will be able to find some time to sleep.
Post a Comment